I am giving in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Latest electrics have a range of 200+ miles and recharge in as little as 40 minutes on super chargers. At that point, the issue isn't range any more.
Yes it is because range is affected by speed, whatever accessories are being used, terrain, ambient temperature, and the age of the battery, it would be pretty miserable having no heater in the middle of winter, ime a lithium battery will just give up the ghost quite suddenly, unlike lead acid which can soldier on when it really shouldn't be doing.
So if you turn up at a job should you expect to charge your vehicle up at their expense, that's out of order.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Yes it is because range is affected by speed, whatever accessories are being used, terrain, ambient temperature, and the age of the battery, it would be pretty miserable having no heater in the middle of winter, ime a lithium battery will just give up the ghost quite suddenly, unlike lead acid which can soldier on when it really shouldn't be doing.
So if you turn up at a job should you expect to charge your vehicle up at their expense, that's out of order.

EVs now use heat pumps rather than pure resistive heating. You'd probably run a full tank down much quicker than a full battery EV if stationary and using the engine to provide heating in an ICE vehicle.

As someone else said above, the barrier is really price rather than range now, particularly for the sort of usage you quote.

My parents wouldn’t care, but it’s a bit cheeky expecting to charge your car at someone’s house.

More of my relatives are going electric now. It's really not a big deal to charge at their house if you need to.
That's when we are allowed to visit anyway.

As I say - you're not expecting them to pay for your charge.

Top Bottom