I am in love.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbola

This evening I traded in my two week old Peugeot Hexagone hybrid bike for a Claud Butler San Remo road bike, an aluminium bike. Oh my God what a difference in the ease of ride and speed. While I was panting commuting on the hybrid to the LBD, I was smiling while going back home on the road bike. This road bike is much more superior to the peugeot and the peugeot is superior to my boardman hybrid compo in the ease of use. I am already in love with this bike. In fact I might find it difficult ever commuting with my boardman again. If the alumunium road bike is this good how great would its carbon frame be. I am totally in love with san remo.

deanE

Bought myself a san reno in July. First bike for many many years. Loving it too. Have changed the chain wheel, and backend to cope with the hills, and my level of fitness, and just completed 1000 miles. Also tyres were a bit thin after 800 miles so have put gaterskins on.

Freddyflintstone

Is that the San Remo thats going at the moment for £399
Its just that I was looking at the Boardman Comp 2011
How would the San Remo handle my weight of 17stone
I am not fat or bulbous just naturally heavy (large heavy bone frame the Doc says)
Appreciate your opinion

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I reckon you should keep commuting on the Boardman - it's a decent bike, from what I've read. That way, you'll get that wow feeling whenever you take the road bike out for a spin.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I reckon you should keep commuting on the Boardman - it's a decent bike, from what I've read. That way, you'll get that wow feeling whenever you take the road bike out for a spin.

Bloke at work has a baordman comp hybrid, very nice bike and he can keep up enough to draft me on my virtuoso which is also a very good bike in the san remo price bracket but it has rack mounting points and clearance for mudgaurds .

Road bikes are stronger than you think , you will be fine .

Top Bottom