I am with Scrooge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:laugh:
bl**dy tax avoiding bas**tards in the north pole fat Wa**ers
Cheers Ed

Wash your mouth out little man.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mum was coming to visit.
This stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.
Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door.
He opened the Door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:rose:
When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mum was coming to visit.
This stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.
Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door.
He opened the Door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

:laugh: :rose: merry christmas misery guts.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Speaking of things they don't need, I'll be glad when Wednesday gets here, if only to stop the constant "it's my turn on the tablet!" whines...

Be very grateful you are not in this household (not huge fan of Christmas here either). Tis the tine to avoid like the plague...

12th Dec - brother's birthday.
24th Dec - father's birthday (thankfully not celebrated, he lives in South Africa - assuming he is still alive)
26th Dec - friend's birthday
27th Dec - my wedding anniversary
29th Dec - my brother-in-law's birthday's and my birthday
1st Jan - friend's birthday

Until 15 years ago we also had the 30th Nov & 6th Dec to celebrate as family birthdays as well - (they are still alive just not part of the family anymore)

We 'celebrate' the 28th in the household - as a day of rest! :laugh: Hence why in most years my husband and I are not around for Christmas and New Year but on a campsite far, far away from home...

Cards get marked A, B or C.... Anniversary, Birthday or Christmas....:eek:

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Be very grateful you are not in this household (not huge fan of Christmas here either). Tis the tine to avoid like the plague...
24th Dec - father's birthday (thankfully not celebrated, he lives in South Africa - assuming he is still alive)

Ah the Xmas spirit is alive and well

(know what you mean tho - i am in the same place with some / most of my family)

tyred

Legendary Member
I treated myself to a nice new hat for the festive period.

santahatblackbahhumbug2.jpg

Ah the Xmas spirit is alive and well

(know what you mean tho - i am in the same place with some / most of my family)

I have no huge desire to see/know a man that tried to kill me as a child (knife to throat) or one that thought the best way to keep a young baby (yep baby) quiet was to keep it stoned by smoking dope in the same room as it, or once I could crawl leaving glasses of whisky on the floor for it to find! My brother on the other hand was too young to remember and thinks he 'misses' him. from my point of view the sooner he is dead, the less issues I will have with my brother wanting to find him (usually around this time of year and this year is no different!)

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I have no huge desire to see/know a man that tried to kill me as a child (knife to throat) or one that thought the best way to keep a young baby (yep baby) quiet was to keep it stoned by smoking dope in the same room as it, or once I could crawl leaving glasses of whisky on the floor for it to find! My brother on the other hand was too young to remember and thinks he 'misses' him. from my point of view the sooner he is dead, the less issues I will have with my brother wanting to find him (usually around this time of year and this year is no different!)
:hugs:

bad day... already had my brother on the phone with the 'tomorrow is dad's birthday...' routine. "do you know where he lives, want to get in contact with him etc.... hopefully I can avoid some of it tomorrow by spending 4 hours cycling to and from my mum & step-father's home....

families - the friends you don't get to choose.

and I'm grumpy because I have to use the car to get to my parents' home today rather than cycle it because my legs are hurting and I'm too knackered to actually cycle and I have to bring Christmas, birthday and anniversary presents home and my mother has informed me my panniers won't be big enough :eek:

Top Bottom