I beg your indulgence for a few minutes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2332384, member: 259"]Carl, you are going to have to post some pics of the triumphant finish, and w're all expecting a celebration cake! :hello:

I hope her training is going well despite the crap weather.[/quote]

Thanks Mort, I will post some pics of the triumphant finish. Her training is going well, and she is "on plan" she did her first 20 miler on Saturday within a good time, and then did 9 miles yesterday. Today is a cross training day, so she'll probably go for a bike ride later.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
...Spinney is a fine figure of a fellow, and I will fight to the death armed only with half a lettuce anyone who dares say otherwise.

Thank you Spinney.
:girl:

It has been brought to my attention that Spinney maybe of the female persuasion, I'm not certain, but that doesn't make them a bad person.
:girldance:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thank you coffee jo, you're absolutely super dooper. I hope your coffee cup runneth over for ever!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Someone else also has made a donation today, but I do not recognise the name, Tamina. If its someone here, thank you so much for your generous help, Jane is very grateful, as am I.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Jane has just had another anonymous donation, if it's someone here, thank very much, you are very kind.

Edit: I have just been informed that is someone here, but we can't tell who, it just says "another CCer" many thanks whoever you are. Your a top chap or chappess an no mistake.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am humbled, I am in your debt, I am very grateful to you all CC'ers

CC members have donated over £100 to Jane's just giving account. Truly Extraordinary!

Jane is extremely grateful for your support.

She has less than £500.00 to go to reach her target. (She has off-line sponsorship of over £500.00)

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Leaway2 Many thanks, your generous donation is another example of what an absolutely smashing bunch of folk CC'ers are! And you are, Mr Leaway2, one of the smashiest of smashers! If Cadbury's made Smash you'd be the best tin of it. Oh wait...um, well you know what I mean.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
For those of you that are interested in these things here is a scan of Jane's training schedule.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Time for another update for those of you who are interested.

Jane ran the Silverstone Half Marathon today as part of her training. She did it 1:47:59, that was nearly seven minutes faster than her last half marathon. She finished in the top 8% of women and in the top 25% overall.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
£67 to go before my wife, Jane reaches her sponsorship target of £2000.00 to run the London Marathon, on behalf of Cancer Research.

Thanks everyone, you have all been very generous with your donations and support, Jane is very grateful to you and says that the support that she has had from people has been tremendous and has helped her get through the training throughout the horrid weather.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
We've Done it...that is you, Jane, and all the generous others have helped her reach her target. Thank you.

http://www.justgiving.com/JanePittMarathon

We still have a few more people yet to donate that have promised a donation, so I expect she will raise more money in due course, but this threshold has taken a lot of pressure off her.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
To Mr The Greenman. You're a top chap and no mistake, many thanks for your donation, the mrs is dead chuffed. I hope your pencil stays sharp, your plane remains smooth, and your square is set for ever.

Many thanks.

Reactions: GM
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
As I mentioned in an earlier thread it's snowing, really snowing. Hard.

Jane has just gone out on the second of her 20 mile training runs that is on her plan, which is up thread She did 10 yesterday in the peeing rain. She's well 'ard is my wife. She makes Chuck Norris look like Dale Winton.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just got in from work. Jane had to come home because the roads were dangerous to run on around here. She got straight into the car and drove to the east of Oxford and did the run there. She got soaked to the skin, and was freezing, it took about an hour before the she could feel hare fingers when she got back.

Edit: She has run 51.42 mile this week!

Top Bottom