I beg your indulgence for a few minutes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just noticed that she has had another couple of donations today.

One from Phil_hg_uk, who is fine figure of a fellow I'll be bound, very many thanks, I hope your sprockets are never sprangled.

And one from a Simon Leg, is that someone here, 'cos we don't know who that is? Simon if you are a CCer thank you everso much, if you were a girl I'd chat you up so I would.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
An update:

I thought those of you who have invested in this project of Jane's would like to know that she has reached the peak of her training this week. To date she has ran over 550 miles since December, and cycled 684 as part of training plan. Today was the end of the hardest week of traing with 10 miles yesterday and 20.2 miles today, a total of 51.14 running miles this week, and 50 miles cycling this week.

From now the mileage gets shorter as she ramps down the training and she will be running the Marathon three weeks today.

Thank you everyone for your generous support.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Update. Just a few days left to go.

Just today Jane has received nearly £300 worth of donations on her just giving site for her run in the London Marathon. 106 donations from fantastic folk. Over 150% target reached, £3240.00 raised thank you all so much. You're all smashing people.

http://www.justgiving.com/JanePittMarathon

Jane's marathon number is 35871 I believe you can track her progress as she crosses certain points along the way.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2412633, member: 259"]Nice one, Carl, and all the best to Jane. Bloody great achievement! :hello:[/quote]

Thanks Mort, I'll pass on the message.

She has asked me to thank all the CC'ers for the generous donations, which came at time when she was quite despondent with the fund raising aspect of this project, and donations from other sources were very slow coming in. Your donations really did help spur her on during this period and she is extremely grateful to you all.

I myself would like to thank you too, I am humbled by your generosity, and it's even more remarkable that those of you that don't even know us have shown such generosity and faith. Many thanks CC'ers, you're FAB lot, even if some you are a bit odd.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Jane had a another donation at daft o'clock this morning, from "another CC nutter" the donation was anonymous on the site, but his initials are MW. So thank you MW,you should be in bed a 2 o clock in the morning not up sponsoring folk, but anyway you're a supersmashingluvverlyjubblyticketyboo sort of a chap and I hope your valves stay upright for many years to come.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Is Jane running in your Cyclechat short sleeved top Carl? Useful pockets for 'stuff' and we might spot her!:thumbsup:
Fantastic!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Is Jane running in your Cyclechat short sleeved top Carl? Useful pockets for 'stuff' and we might spot her!:thumbsup:
Fantastic!

I don't have a cycle chat top alas, she'll be running in a cancer research top, along with several thousand others I shouldn't wonder.

[QUOTE 2416400, member: 259"]I'm not sponsoring anyone who's not running in a gorilla suit. :whistle:[/quote]

Too late Mort, we've got ya money!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I thought I'd give this a little bump.

The morning of the Marathon is here. Its 7:20, Jane is at the hotel in London, she's had her breakfast, and is just chilling before she makes her way to the start line. Once again Cycle Chatters many thanks for your very kind and generous donations, I know she is immensely grateful to you all for your support and kind words, and I am humbled by your generosity.

I'm just off now to go see if I can find her amongst the thousands of others that are running today for great causes.

For those of you who are interest you can check Jane's progress today, in the London marathon here. http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/?pid=tracking

Her Bib number 35871

Once again many thanks. Carl.

Top Bottom