I berated another cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matty

It's a first for me, don't feel particularly guilty. Was in a foul mood (no defence). Just passed a chap few hundred yards from some lights, which of course turned red and stopped me. He sailed through, casually looking right - ignoring completely left, which is residential, but even so could have been something coming out.

Once lights changed caught him within a few hundred yards and couldn't resist a 'ain't you clever' as I motored past.

Tut tut me or just deserves for a RLJ idiot?

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
It's a first for me, don't feel particularly guilty. Was in a foul mood (no defence). Just passed a chap few hundred yards from some lights, which of course turned red and stopped me. He sailed through, casually looking right - ignoring completely left, which is residential, but even so could have been something coming out.

Once lights changed caught him within a few hundred yards and couldn't resist a 'ain't you clever' as I motored past.

He deserves it, as does the one I see 2- 5 mornings jumps red light , then jumps onto the pavement, crosses onto the other pavment, all whilst wearing full headphones and no lights! :-( I've shouted at him so often ( I turn right across his random path) that he now waves at me before I open my mouth!

Did I mention that he's at least 60 and looks simple?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've had a pop a couple of times too. Had a moan at one today in fact - he was motoring down the pavement on Bursledon road, I'm still recovering from yesterdays crash. He's in his 50s, he should know better.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
To my mind having a camera just let you get stressed about the same incident over and over again.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
To my mind having a camera just let you get stressed about the same incident over and over again.

Doesnt work like that for me. I can watch it, review how I rode and see if anything I could do would improve the situation, and for the most part I delete and forget. Without the camera I tended to mull it over for too long, I think the cam helped me to leave things alone and not dwell.

Pavement riders... saw a guy yesterday coming towards me on the Itchen Bridge (I being on foot at the time), nearly had a polite word and then realised he was with a small child. Also on bike. Sometimes you can forgive people....

Mad at urage

Seeing more pavement riders around me ... mostly overweight, all the kit a shop can sell, clearly not used to cycling: I tend to leave them alone, at least they are on a bike and they'll (hopefully) learn better as their proficiency improves.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

tbh, if your not a traffic officer, wtf has it got to do with you?

seriously, if you feel you need to admonish people on the road who do wrong (in your opinion), then you must be be pretty stressed everyday. was he a 6ft tall tough looking fella or someone you didn't feel intimidated by? if it's the later, perhaps you need to think about your own issues?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
"You must be pretty stressed" I get this sort of thing all the time, apparently it's something to do with having a camera or some rubbish like that.

On the contrary I, and I imagine most other cyclists, are pretty relaxed and happy. That doesn't stop us from speaking up when we see some plonker causing problems for others on the roads.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
"You must be pretty stressed" I get this sort of thing all the time, apparently it's something to do with having a camera or some rubbish like that.

On the contrary I, and I imagine most other cyclists, are pretty relaxed and happy. That doesn't stop us from speaking up when we see some plonker causing problems for others on the roads.

i don't recall the op saying the bloke minding his own business was causing anyone else other problems, neither did he say he had a camera. so i don't understand what you meant.

OP
OP
M

Matty

Snigger. 'own issues' fine thanks. Wasn't a raised tone or aggresive, and no he wasn't a 2ft midget.

Have commuted by bike long enough to remain calm no matter what. He was just a tit, who could have been knocked off and injured for the sake of saving himself almost 20s. Perhaps he was racing me?

Top Bottom