"I can see perfectly well!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Driving down from Yorkshire today I was amazed by the number of cars I saw that had rear windows that were obscured with snow. Just stupid. Yes, I know you have door mirrors, but why willingly blind your interior mirror. It doesn't take that long to clear. Notably these were cars who were passing me, driving very fast.

outlash

also available in orange
You mean timestretching?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yIuULvizu4

and isn't your avatar bob from bubble bobble? Another blast from the past...

Timestretching indeed :smile:. God bless Akai for having it on their samplers back in the day, drum & bass wouldn't be the same without it. And my avatar is indeed Bub (or Bob) from Bubble Bobble. I'm old, I don't recognise anything from the last 10 years.

Tony.

Broadside

Guru
It's an option, and quick not instant, more importantly the patent is close to running out meaning other cars should be getting it soon too. I always looked for it when buying a Ford.

But they are very very quick, ours will clear mist in about 20 secs and heavy frost in about 90 secs. The problem with drivers like that is the fact they won't or don't know how to keep the windows clear. All they have to do is leave the fan on rather than fully switching it off but sadly it is not rare to see people driving like this.

I remember this one from the West Country a couple of years ago

The driver was stopped by Police and the image used in a campaign

Snow-car_1558716c.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Around here a common thing is the recircling switch left on, mists the inside of the car up quite quickly.

400bhp

Guru
We will never know whether the driver would have pulled out regardless of whether his window wasn't clear. There's a good chance that (as someone alluded to) this was close to his home and he wasn't concentrating (most accidents occur within a mile from home IIRC).

Not concentrating and an unclear window. :sad:

400bhp

Guru
All the window technology is concentrated on the front and rear windows. Maybe it's time for the manufacturers to look at side windows too.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Without wanting to start up the whole Airzound (or similar horn) debate (yet, yet, yet again), this is one case where I would've been watching the car about to emerge from the side street, and given a warning blast, thus saving myself form been knocked over (or requiring a change of underwear.)

Of course, the driver would've then passed, beeped me, and shouted that he'd seen me!

Top Bottom