"I can't help it if a cyclist falls over"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Happens all the time get over it

Crankarm

Guru
That film was on French TV here a couple weeks ago. Never seen it before - pretty interesting.

In France the judicial system is fundamentally the reverse of ours - you are guilty until proven innocent. So quite how the French understand 12 Angry Men would be interesting. They have an inquisitorial justice system as opposed to an adversarial and jury system that we have. Probably better to start another thread.

[post edited by moderator]
Harassment of moderators
Please do not harass the moderator team or bring their moderator status into discussions where it is not relevant. They volunteer their free time to help keep your community in good order and are allowed to have and post their own opinions, just like you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crankarm

Guru

Origamist

Legendary Member
After writing a letter of condolence, I received a detailed and heart-felt reply form Denisa's parents (which I do not think is appropriate to post here).

I would only add that they are considering further legal redress and are still trying to come to terms with their loss.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After writing a letter of condolence, I received a detailed and heart-felt reply form Denisa's parents (which I do not think is appropriate to post here).

I would only add that they are considering further legal redress and are still trying to come to terms with their loss.
Very good of you to write. By all accounts it was a sickening case and I wish them all the best in getting some piece of fairness out of the legal system.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

maybe if someone set up a website highlighting this travesty it could coordinate the attempts of those who would like in any way, with advice or donations?

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Bizarrely, my family have been involved in a situation where a cyclist has been hit head on. I am not going into any detail but the road was pitch black and apparently the cyclist just 'appeared out of nowhere'. The cyclist is okay but just has lots of broken bones. I know the cyclist as he is in the local club.

Top Bottom