"I can't help it if a cyclist falls over"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
2692889 said:
Juries are nominally random so, with low numbers thereof, skinheads forming a jury would be unlikely and trying a fellow even more so. Drivers, on the other hand, are two a penny. It would be unlikely for a whole jury of non-drivers to be assembled.
A couple of cycling/drivers wouldn't go amiss?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Adrian, it is abundantly clear our judicial system is failing vulnerable and non-vulnerable road users on an almost daily basis.

Now we can sit here all night throwing analogies at one another, but the stark reality is the general public has become so ensconced in the motoring world that they cannot (IMO) objectively and fairly try a (vulnerable) road death case.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

[QUOTE 2692934, member: 9609"]Haven't read the whole story (too depressing) but I gather the driver was entirely blameless and received neither fine nor penalty points; So is the cyclist to blame for coming off her bike before the collision ? Could the drive claim for damage to her car ? For cyclists to be blameless must they stay on the bike until the collision occurs?
I would have thought if you went onto the wrong side of the road, collided with something it would be your fault - but apparently not.[/quote]

That's about the size of it. We get an abject failure by the justice system, then we get scumbag journalists and Boris trying to smear the dead girl by claiming she's never ridden a bike before and therefore maybe to blame. Ms Measures is a terrible, indecent human being, so are the people trying to blame Denisa.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
[QUOTE 2694332, member: 30090"]''A person who causes the death of another person by driving a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, is guilty of an offence.''[/quote]
Not if the victim was at fault due to 'your' driving.....

snorri

Legendary Member
2692980 said:
Yes they would. If you were charged with some crime, such as defrauding an insurance company, do you think that allocating a couple of employees of said company onto the jury "because they understand the issues" would be a good thing?
No, but one would hope the defence solicitor would be raising objections if the jury was seen to be all drivers and no cyclists.

avalon

Guru
What a totally scandalous decision. 'Justice' is a complete joke in this country. And as cyclists we're completely f*cked, as the place is clearly run by drivers for drivers. We're just the weirdos who get in their way, slow them down and damage their precious cages when they run us over. What a backwards sh*theap of a country this is.
It's not just the UK. it's an international problem.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Days, or about 10 minutes. I grew up in a small city,27,000 or so at the time. It was the county seat as well. I'd get called for juries, walk in the room, and hear "rejected", turn around, and walk back out. In criminal trials, I believe the prosecution and defense have a certain number of jurors from pool they can reject without giving a reason.

Top Bottom