I can't tighten my rear wheel quick release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joanna

This is probably so simple to fix, but I've failed in doing it, so any advice would be great. Basically, I got a flat tyre on my back wheel; I fixed it but the problem was getting the wheel back on.

I put the quick release back on, but the lever just will not tighten. I know that when closing the quick release there should be some resistance, but in my case there isn't any. I really don't want to chance leaving it loose as I don't want to get stuck half-way on my commute to work. I've never had this problem before, so I don't know why it's cause a problem now.

Any advice?

Thanks!

andrew_s

Legendary Member
At the end opposite the lever there is a knob that you use to adjust the tightness of the lever.
Hold the lever pointing straight out, then tighten the knob until it's just coming tight. Moving the lever to the fully closed position should then be about the right tightness, but it it's too tight or too loose just open the lever and adjust the knob again.

bad boy

Über Member
If you have tried the above and the knob just spins then you have stripped the thread and will need a new quick release rear skewer unfortunately I think you can only buy them in packs of two.

This happened to me recently what a pain !.

Top Bottom