I cracked 70 miles today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Well pleased today.
I managed to cycle my furthest ever today and do a 70 miler ( it was 69 to be honest)
I started off with the intentions of covering around 40 but as usual I got carried away and went that little further. At one point I ended up cycling with around 20 odd cyclist who were out on a club run. My knees are completely shot now but the rest of me still feels quite good. I bet I'll pay for it tomorrow though..The old bike performed like clock work and a joy to ride. It took about 4hrs 20 minutes ( riding time ) with three 15 minute stops to have a drink and food and averaged 15.7 mph. Time for a few Beers tonight with my feet up in front of the TV.
All the best.
Johnny

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Well done - and a 15.7mph average over that distance is good work too. :okay:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Thanks for your positive comments. The hardest part is learning to pace yourself at the start of the ride. It all so easy to go at it like a bull in a China shop when you first start off only to find your all spent up at the end of the ride. The Weather was perfect biking riding conditions today. It wasn't to hot and hardly a breeze to mention. The amount of cyclist out on the roads today was phenomenal. I must of seen well over 100 roadies today and virtually everyone put there hand up or gave a nod. Its got to one of the best days cycling I've had in ages. Even the car drivers were well behaved :-)

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The Guinness is going down nicely buddy.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
There I was feeling pleased with myself after my mate said well done when I told him I had done 35 miles today. Hats off to you, great average over such a distance as well.

Nothing personal but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's knees play up after a long cycle ride.

Poppyman

Regular
Well done. I did 62 yesterday but planned to go longer with my son but we had strong winds in our faces for the last 15 miles and it took a lot out of me and i am not exactly on the young side. Also didn't notice how strong the sun was until i got home and noticed my knees and arms were a bit red. Won't get caught like that again. Once bitten as they say.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
There I was feeling pleased with myself after my mate said well done when I told him I had done 35 miles today. Hats off to you, great average over such a distance as well.

Nothing personal but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's knees play up after a long cycle ride.
Hi buddy.
There's nothing wrong with doing 35 miles. ( I fact that's a fair old a ride out buddy )Your miles may well of been a lot tougher than mine. You may of had more hills or a the wind may have been against you. Most people I know could not cycle 5 miles never mind 35!!!
Well done buddy and be proud of yourself..Before you know it you will be tackling 50s in no time :-)

Top Bottom