I cracked 70 miles today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done!

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Your absolutely right about it being addictive. The other poster was saying he felt proud about doing 35 miles today until he read what I did , but I think ,we must never feel deflated when we see someone who can either go faster or cycle further. Their are many many more cyclists who can leave me for dust and I use this fact to be inspired by them, by knowing I can still improve on my fitness and stamina to their level. I to once felt somewhat deflated if somebody could cycle faster or further , but I now go by my own standards and look upon myself as I'm the only one who I need to compete with.
Its all about setting yourself goals and smashing them and don't worry what others can do. This time last year I was over the moon that I did 16 mile and then doing a 20. If anybody who's new to cycling I hope this message inpires you to enjoy it and improve against your personal goals..
Oppps I think the Guinness is talking now. ( I better shut up:-)

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Your absolutely right about it being addictive. The other poster was saying he felt proud about doing 35 miles today until he read what I did , but I think ,we must never feel deflated when we see someone who can either go faster or cycle further. Their are many many more cyclists who can leave me for dust and I use this fact to be inspired by them, by knowing I can still improve on my fitness and stamina to their level. I to once felt somewhat deflated if somebody could cycle faster or further , but I now go by my own standards and look upon myself as I'm the only one who I need to compete with.
Its all about setting yourself goals and smashing them and don't worry what others can do. This time last year I was over the moon that I did 16 mile and then doing a 20. If anybody who's new to cycling I hope this message inpires you to enjoy it and improve against your personal goals..
Well said mate . There is nothing better than smashing your own expectations .

Ice2911

Über Member
I started cycling again in November, pleased with a 10 mile ride, I have now completed two 100 milers and have another on Sunday and then in 3 weeks I'm cycling LEJOG, likely on my own and unsupported as my potential cycling partner has had some bad news. I'm happy to ride at my own pace and just love riding my bike. My personal fitness and stamina have grown and grown.Last month I cycled 650 miles and so far over 700 miles this month. If I can do it, anyone can and as you say 'set your self goals' and don't worry what anyone else just ride your bike :smile:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
That is some serious mileage and in such a short time too. I've certainly got a long way to go before I get anywhere near that standard. Well Done buddy..

Ice2911

Über Member
That is some serious mileage and in such a short time too. I've certainly got a long way to go before I get anywhere near that standard. Well Done buddy..
Thanks but I was agreeing with your point, I have started riding with a local club and most can go father and faster but I use it as an incentive to improve, I'm working up to joining the Thursday evening fast ride.Maybe on my return, but I will get there (maybe?), and if not I wont worry as its about me and not them :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi.
Well pleased today.
I managed to cycle my furthest ever today and do a 70 miler ( it was 69 to be honest)
I started off with the intentions of covering around 40 but as usual I got carried away and went that little further. At one point I ended up cycling with around 20 odd cyclist who were out on a club run. My knees are completely shot now but the rest of me still feels quite good. I bet I'll pay for it tomorrow though..The old bike performed like clock work and a joy to ride. It took about 4hrs 20 minutes ( riding time ) with three 15 minute stops to have a drink and food and averaged 15.7 mph. Time for a few Beers tonight with my feet up in front of the TV.
All the best.
Johnny
:bravo:

Caskman

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
It's funny you should mention that. Yesterday I was starting to think about wether or not I could tackle the magic century. As time goes by I'm sure curiousty will get the better of me and will have a go at it. It's going to a long way off though before I get to that stage, but it's going to be good fun training for it :-)

Top Bottom