I didn't know that the clocks had gone forward an hour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
2) Daily Mail articles saying we are adopting EU time

Yes, whenever I hear "double BST"... call it Central European Summer Time and help people face facts that we are unavoidably European and not merely British (or Greenwich Mints?).
It would be hilarious to deliberately get rid of something so iconic and so inextricably linked to the idea of empire and of Britannia ruling the waves, in order to become closer to Europe, just to piss off the right wing tabloids.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Portugal and Ireland seem to manage fine on GMT.

I didn't know last night was the night when the clocks went forward. I've just looked at the clock on my laptop and my clock on the wall and saw an hour's difference. Was there any mention of this on tv or the radio? I haven't watched tv since the TdF in July. I listen to the radio but i didn't hear it mentioned.
This is weird!
TopTip: Don't waste time changing all your clocks, just wait until October 28th and it's done automatically!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think we all know the construction industry for example is a huge driver of our economy. Anyone who has spent any time in that industry that an hour in the morning is worth 2 in the afternoon. I know daylight overall won't change, but that alone is a good reason for keeping it. Obviously, there will be many more examples, including safety.
Didn't we just lose an hour of morning light? The above seems more like an argument for all-year UTC.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The clock in my car will now be showing the correct time....i think.
No it wasn't,it was an hour slow. Once of a day i'd have waited till Mrs Accy changed the time for me. Only the other day the "leccy" went off in my flat. I actually fixed it myself,instead of relying on her. I found the fuse box and flicked a switch back up.:rolleyes: Something i wouldn't have done when living with Mrs Accy. All i have to do now is change the time on my wall clock. The action of taking it off the wall and moving the fingers takes some doing,so i'm putting it off till i can muster up the enthusiasm.:tired:

winjim

Smash the cistern

It was supposed to be eleven hours but the clocks changed.

Top Bottom