I didn't know that the clocks had gone forward an hour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't know last night was the night when the clocks went forward. I've just looked at the clock on my laptop and my clock on the wall and saw an hour's difference. Was there any mention of this on tv or the radio? I haven't watched tv since the TdF in July. I listen to the radio but i didn't hear it mentioned.
This is weird!

Slick

Guru
I didn't know last night was the night when the clocks went forward. I've just looked at the clock on my laptop and my clock on the wall and saw an hour's difference. Was there any mention of this on tv or the radio? I haven't watched tv since the TdF in July. I listen to the radio but i didn't hear it mentioned.
This is weird!
Was all over the news last night Accy.

Slick

Guru
Yes,i always thought the clocks changed on the last Saturday of March or October.
Last Sunday. They don't change until 2am.

Slick

Guru
Moving to or from midnight would bugger a lot of things up I guess so 2am makes sense.
It can still cause hassle for some. It's been a few years now, but working nightshift offshore was always a Pita, especially as you were already doing 12's. Obviously lots worse off like Nhs and the like.

snorri

Legendary Member
Was there any mention of this on tv or the radio?
I think they kept it quiet this year, but when I see the local watchmaker cycle along the High Street towards the church with his ladder on his shoulder I know the times are about to change:okay:.
Look out for Easter too, the media and advertisers refer to Easter but don't tell us when it'll happen, seems we're just supposed to know:sad:.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They tell us that the sun's rays are the strongest at midday. With the sun shining brightly today:sun:,will the sun's rays be strongest at 12pm or 1pm?:scratch: I'm asking this as obviously the sun doesn't know that we change our clocks.

Top Bottom