I didn't know that the clocks had gone forward an hour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Look out for Easter too, the media and advertisers refer to Easter but don't tell us when it'll happen, seems we're just supposed to know:sad:.

Apparently, it’s the Sunday following the Paschal full moon, which is the first full moon after 20th March.

Next full moon is 31st March, next Saturday, hence Easter is next Sunday.

It’s annoyingly stupid to base public holidays on a moveable feast date, especially in this day and age when so few people attend church regularly. Doubly especially when that date is linked to the lunar calendar - since we all live in towns and work in offices these days, who bothers to keep a track of the moon’s phases?

Last edited:
29542187_1615799878456046_8278740558532360185_n.jpg

Apparently, it’s the Sunday following the Paschal full moon, which is the first full moon after 20th March.

Next full moon is 31st March, next Saturday, hence Easter is next Sunday.

It’s annoyingly stupid to base public holidays on a moveable feast date, especially in this day and age when so few people attend church regularly.

Next year, Easter Sunday is April 21st!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yes,how dare they base such an important Christian date on the church's saying.:rolleyes: Maybe we should ask

The church can have their feast days whenever they like, I don’t care. What I object to is shitting about with public holidays to suit the church’s whims.

A few years ago, Easter fell on the weekend before the May Day bank holiday. This was bad enough but then they added an extra holiday for the royal wedding. So we had consecutive four-day weekends.

This was a real problem for those of us who were working on a weekly schedule at the time - it wasn’t “great, four days off work” but “oh fark, five days work crammed into three days for two consecutive weeks”.

And all because some cult leader was nailed to a tree 2000 years ago.

alicat

Legendary Member
I forgot as well. I remembered when @PaulSB mentioned the clocks being put back. I hope he wasn't too late two hours too late for his ride!

Julia9054

Guru
Yes,how dare they base such an important Christian date on the church's saying.:rolleyes: Maybe we should ask Nestle,Cadburys,Kinder and the others when they'd like Easter to fall.:okay:
The point being that the church is irrelevant to most people. The church can put Easter where it likes but i would like the school holidays to be standardised. Round here, York authority has the hols as the next 2 weeks (with Easter weekend in the middle) whereas North Yorks has the Easter weekend at the start. A pita if you have kids, or if you work in different authorities.

Top Bottom