I do. I reckon you should. Do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Give Blood. Lets face it, a bit of bad luck and any of us might be needing some banked, just for a top up.

Come to think of it, why not sign up for organ donation @
https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/
(& tell you loved ones).

I only raise this after spending a long, long time in Yorkhill waiting for platelets. The shortage is really hitting hard.

You all have it in you to help save lives.....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I regularly donated up until my own cardiac issues arose. I was also on the Anthony Nolan register, but have had to be removed from that also.

I don't understand why more people don't do it. It's so simple and saves so many lives, including my then 6 year-old daughter. It should almost be made mandatory.

Maz

Guru
Yep. I've been giving blood for years.
Next donor session is on Monday, actually...always take it easy on the way back!

Maz

Guru
longers said:
I give and am on the register. The Anthony Nolan Trust needs blood samples for bone marrow matches too.
So, is this completely separate to the blood donor sessions? If so, why doesn't The ANT and the blood transfusion services bash heads together and come up with suitable donors/matches for leukaemia sufferers?
Anyway, I think I'll register with The ANT, too.

longers

Legendary Member
Maz said:
So, is this completely separate to the blood donor sessions? If so, why doesn't The ANT and the blood transfusion services bash heads together and come up with suitable donors/matches for leukaemia sufferers?
Anyway, I think I'll register with The ANT, too.

Very good question. Ask them on Monday?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I used to give blood regularly for years and then the Dutch authorities decided I was a health risk because I was British, mad cow disease and all that.

I'm too little :thumbsup: don't weigh enough. They changed the limit I think, my mum has a 10 pints badge but then the last time she went to the session they said she was too small as well....obviously we all need to eat more pies. Would that give us more blood though?...

ChrisKH

Guru
I gave blood until I got amoebic dysentry and also about the same time ulcerative colitis. They sent me packing, in fact they were quite rude and dismissive about it. HTF was I to know? I would otherwise give blood, but I think sometimes they forget you do it for nothing. More service training required in this (and every other bloody area in the UK) methinks.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Just got my 10 donations card (yay!) and am awaiting the next session which should be anytime soon. I started on Valentines day a few years ago and have *tried* to be regular, but sometimes it gets delayed by a week or two for holidays/illness etc.

Also an organ donor.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have a keyring type thing with my blood type attached to my car keys... but what happens if my Wife is driving and has an accident... her being a different blood type and all.... :thumbsup:

It's no hassle, and I get an hour out of work to do it. Bonus! :tired:

sheddy

Legendary Member
For the regular doners - try and enlist a friend next time you go. Thats how I got started. Managed my 50th this Jan

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Sh4rkyBloke said:
The only thing that concerns me is that I have a keyring type thing with my blood type attached to my car keys... but what happens if my Wife is driving and has an accident... her being a different blood type and all....

Simple, get your wife her own set of car keys :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom