I don't get angry often but.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
the registered parent company name is Evans Holdings Ltd (registered office: Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9TZ). Evans Holdings and its subsidiaries are a private limited company (Evans Cycles Holdings Ltd. Company number: 6474505).

Nick Evans, Chairman
Nick Wilkinson, CEO
Mike Rice, Director
Jonathan Blanchard, Director
Mark Smith, Non-Executive Director
Gary Smith, Non-Executive Director

Hth
which one should I write to?

The courier that Evans Cycles use (DPD) have failed to turn up now on THREE occasions making up some poor excuse each time. I'm waiting at home all day, taking a day off work at a time and I'm just feeling so angry about this now. All Evans do is say sorry and ask to arrange another day!!! They offered a Saturday slot to avoid taking further time off work but this is in 2 weeks time and we already tried a Sat slot last week which they failed to deliver too.

I'm going mental!

EDIT: they have my wheels which were repaired under a warranty claim.

DPD are absolute sh!te. We had a delivery a couple of weeks ago - the driver couldn't be ar$ed to look for our address so he dumped it with someone a quarter of a mile away. Ridiculous. :cursing::cursing:
We weren't expecting a delivery so if we hadn't signed for the text update (edit/ shd have said for a previous delivery - where they also delivered to a different address) we'd have had no idea....

Last edited:

psychology

Regular
The best way to get to big companies like this is to use twitter or facebook. Post something saying how badly you have been treated, and keep doing it, Evans cycles has 16k followers on twitter and 56k likes on facebook. It normally gets there attention. :cursing:

michaelcycle

my 'local' store is 2.5 hours drive away!

Blimey!

Could you get them delivered to work perhaps and tell Evans that given the inordinate delay you expect next day delivery and their text message alert service (so they text you shortly before it is delivered?)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never had an issue with DPD. You get emails to say when it's left the depot, when there is a time delivery slot of two hours, and when it's been delivered and where - e.g. if you have it delivered to a neighbour. Provided you have the text alerts set up, as well as the emails, you could text/email back that morning to change delivery instructions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Last time I had a DPD delivery. They gave me a link to a map tracking website showing the divers exact location and what drop off number my parcel was.
I was very impressed.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Have to say I've always been very impressed with DPD. Always delivered within a given delivery slot, never had an issue.

Not like those useless, lazy, inbred tossers at ShityLink, or the workshy communists at ParcelForce; with those 2 you know you're never going to get a delivery.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Blimey!

Could you get them delivered to work perhaps and tell Evans that given the inordinate delay you expect next day delivery and their text message alert service (so they text you shortly before it is delivered?)
they are going to deliver to my wifes work address now - I think the wheels are temporarily lost as they can't say when they can deliver them at the moment.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Never had an issue with DPD. You get emails to say when it's left the depot, when there is a time delivery slot of two hours, and when it's been delivered and where - e.g. if you have it delivered to a neighbour. Provided you have the text alerts set up, as well as the emails, you could text/email back that morning to change delivery instructions.
No that is what should happen, not what always does actually happen

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I have written to the CEO but doubt I'll get much from that.
As an update they said they would deliver to my wifes' work but nothing turned up
Numerous promises from Evans to investigate but they never call me back
Today the guy at Evans said they have no idea where the wheels are - he'd try and find them and call me - 5 hours later and yet again no call back.
I don't know how much Evans are to blame for this total mess, or whether it's the fault of the courier. I also don't see that at this stage I should be chasing them everyday. I think I'll just leave it and await for a response from the CEO, although this might never actually happen.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is why I get everything delivered to work or to a local store if convenient, pain if neither option works

Hope you get some redress...also write to DPD to complain

Top Bottom