I don't like the new forum layout.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anyone disagree?

Am in agreement Maz.
It seems bigger ...but there is less on the screen, it doesn't seem screen-space efficient, so more scrolling around which is a pain.
Unfortunately, I really liked it as it was before, simple... I like simple, like the original C+ forum.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You would be the last person to come across as ungrateful!
Try 'O Blue' as a skin!

Cleancut seemed to remove a lot of the hideousness for me

Norm

I think we should live with it in a positive frame of mind and Shaun will gradually tweak it to the 'consumer's' requirement. I am having a bit of an explore here and there but I can't break anything :smile: so trying stuff is good!
Getting rid of the blue boxes around the number of pages however, is a simple task - of that I'm sure :whistle: :biggrin:
It has become hard work now, IMO, and I don't think that any benefits have yet surfaced.

I'm sure that people will get used to the change but the things that have been lost (the preview, the social groups etc) are the things that I liked plenty. The "preview" feature doesn't happen for me, running Win7 and FF 3.6.6.

The comparison with Faecebook is probably valid but I wonder if it would have grown even more without the screwing about. Also, many of the changes which were made to the FB pages have been removed anyway.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I found the old one much easier to navigate, but it is still being tweaked so I am hoping for improvements...

D

Deleted member 1258

I think its a good job well done by Shaun, I've gone onto clearcut which I find nicer, I'm sure the experience will improve as Shaun fine tunes it and we get used to it.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It's different and I'm not accustomed to the new set up, but once I get used to it, it'll be like nothing has changed.
That's just about how I feel about it, I'm already getting used to it. Using the cleancut colour scheme has helped, too.

I'm going to be a descenting voice. I like the new software and I even quite like the new layout, it's very... vivid. Although I also quite like the Splat theme, less vivid but still in keeping with the CC colour scheme.

The only thing I've yet to track down is the 'Find my posts' link so I can check replies.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think there is always a bit of upheaval when change occurs and its a bit unsettling ... I'm like that at work too and often say ... that's not going to work... and yet after a while I give it a try and usually discover that it does work. We will gradually get used to the changes and also Admin will probably tweak it as it goes along - however both of those things take time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It has become hard work now, IMO, and I don't think that any benefits have yet surfaced.

Hard work?

No. Coal mining is hard work. Nursing is hard work. Air Traffic control is hard work. Picking over a rubbish tip in Lagos for a living is hard work.

This is a place people come to chat, via typing.

So, it's different colour, and some of the buttons are different. What matters is the people, and what they say. And we're still here.

Also, the test forum was up for some time. How many people read the announcement and went and looked at it and gave feedback....?

The benefits are the things that the forum - the community - will be able to do, once the changeover is sorted. Give it time,eh?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sure some on here will love all the new bits and bobs but i'm afraid i preffered the simplicity of the old forum

I really miss the tick that showed you what threads you were active on when you entered one of the sections

Simon

Perhaps I just have a brain with an abnormally large remembering section, but I just remember conversations I've had - for real, and on here...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Hard work?

No. Coal mining is hard work. Nursing is hard work. Air Traffic control is hard work. Picking over a rubbish tip in Lagos for a living is hard work.

This is a place people come to chat, via typing.

So, it's different colour, and some of the buttons are different. What matters is the people, and what they say. And we're still here.

Also, the test forum was up for some time. How many people read the announcement and went and looked at it and gave feedback....?

The benefits are the things that the forum - the community - will be able to do, once the changeover is sorted. Give it time,eh?

Get away with your 'oh so sensible' approach, we like a good moan and you know it.

Though I'm amazed by how many new threads have been started covering the same stuff about the new layout etc. I know it's different but it can't be that hard to find the existing threads.

Top Bottom