I don't like the new forum layout.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Perhaps I just have a brain with an abnormally large remembering section, but I just remember conversations I've had - for real, and on here...

I'm the opposite ... just ask my kids ... I sat at home at about 4pm tonight and suddenly remembered I had an appointment at the same time... suddenly rush out the house and dash there in 5 mins and apologize ... turned out they were running 1 hour late. Memory like a sieve - so I do like to be reminded
rolleyes.gif

I'm going to be a descenting voice. I like the new software and I even quite like the new layout, it's very... vivid. Although I also quite like the Splat theme, less vivid but still in keeping with the CC colour scheme.

The only thing I've yet to track down is the 'Find my posts' link so I can check replies.

Scratch that. Found it.

Also, is it possible to change one's user name without opening a new account?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Get away with your 'oh so sensible' approach, we like a good moan and you know it.

Though I'm amazed by how many new threads have been started covering the same stuff about the new layout etc. I know it's different but it can't be that hard to find the existing threads.

:biggrin:

Yes, I've been surprised at how many repititons there have been of the same questions. I guess it's easier to just post than go and look for an answer.

boylucifer

I definitely don't dislike it, but I don't like it any better than I did before.
I will agree with a lot of posters that I miss the "hover to preview" feature and it has taken me ages to find the "View New Content".
I would also agree with some of the sentiments that the new colour scheme is a bit full on compared to the way it was before, but again I don't feel that this causes me to dislike it.

It has become hard work now, IMO, and I don't think that any benefits have yet surfaced.

Just on that, did you see the posts Shaun made about the old software going out of support soon and the new version still being bug ridden 9 months on. We also now have a proper directory, downloads area and a blog, to name the obvious ones. It'll be interesting to see how those develop and Shaun has a platform he can use to continue to build CC into the forum we have all now come to expect. I've seen forums run on this software and there's a lot that can be done. The old saying of one step backward two steps forward springs to mind, except the more used to it I become, the more I think it isn't a step back. As Arch said, it's the people here that make it the forum it is not the software.

Crankarm

Guru
Now I've found 'CleanCut' it's better looking for me.

Yep, just converted. Better, but it's still bright though.

Just sampled all the others and IP.Board is the least worse IMHO.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i have a feeling that the change over will make me use bikeradar more. i preferred the old one, it was a nimble fixie, now it's just an old gas pipe tourer. perhaps i'm getting old and don't like change. everything just seems slower which is why i stopped using bikeradar as much...oh well...only time will tell.

Top Bottom