I don't seem to be able to give information to Crimestoppers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Admittedly he sounds like a c**k but aren't you allowed to carry an Air rifle in the street now? I know you used to be able to as long as it was in a proper case, not sure if the rules have changed?

It's a bit of a waste of resources if you make up some bull$hit story just because you don't like the kid and all manor of bods turn up.

Drago

Legendary Member
You can carry ain air rifle but it must be in a suitable cover, hicden from view, and not immediately accessible, ie, thorugouhly zipped up or even locked.

It must not be loaded. For good measure I fit mine with trigger locks.

And you will need a reasonable excuse, and case law confines these pretty much to traveling to a gun shop or gunsmith, or travelling to a range, shoot, permission or competition. Or home again.

On top of that, if its an FAC airgun you need the licence before even possessing it, never mind carrying it.

As far is the law is concerned even regular, non FAC air weapons are still firearms, albeit ones thst don't require licencing (in England and wales at any rate). People don't seem to appreciate that misuse and abuse of air weapons is every bit as serious as doing so with a 'real' firearm as far as the law is concerned, and the penalties correspondingly severe.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's a bit of a waste of resources if you make up some bull$hit story just because you don't like the kid and all manor of bods turn up.
Why is it 'bull$hit'? If the waste of space pointed a rifle at me then he pointed a rifle at me! Also,he's not a 'kid' he's in his early 40's. He might act like a kid,but he isn't. People have a right to live without fear. That included living without harassment. The useless housing association say that in their waffling 'Your rights' page on their website,yet they do f..k all about this idiot!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Even a non FAC air gun is a ranged weapon capable of maiming and killing.

If he waves it around again be sure to 999 it, and let the dibble decide what sort if weapon it is. A chap up this was was recently sent to the chokey for nothing more than pointing an air rifle at a tax driver, and I'm sure he would welcome a cellmate.

Why is it 'bull$hit'? If the waste of space pointed a rifle at me then he pointed a rifle at me! Also,he's not a 'kid' he's in his early 40's. He might act like a kid,but he isn't. People have a right to live without fear. That included living without harassment. The useless housing association say that in their waffling 'Your rights' page on their website,yet they do f..k all about this idiot!
The reference to Bull$hit was people recommended you made up it was a real gun when in fact you don't even know there is anything in the bag.

Call 101. Give them all the details but decline to give your name or phone number. Tell them that you are doing it out of concern for the community.
Mention a gun - don't say its an air rifle because it might not be - and plod will be down in force.
Next time he does it immediately call 999 and report it. Just tell the dibble the chump was pointing a rifle at you, let the ARV gun monkeys decide if its an air rifle or not. He won't be so cocky staring down the business end of a G36.

If you really want to upset him then be sure to tell the Feds hes a Brazillian electrician.
Exactly, its not for you Accy to decide whether it was an air rifle or an assault rifle. Call 999 tell em he has a gun and crack open a can of beer and watch the show...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The reference to Bull$hit was people recommended you made up it was a real gun when in fact you don't even know there is anything in the bag.
Like others say,it's best to let the police decided what's in the bag,though to say 'you don't even know if there is anything in the bag' is daft as the bag was stiff when pointed at me. If there wasn't anything in it,it wouldn't have been so. Who knows,maybe he's that simple he has a sawn off broom handle in the bag for a 'bit of a laugh'. If that's the case then his 'bit of a laugh' might end in tears.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/oct/29/ukcrime1

Drago

Legendary Member
No one is recommending Accy make anything up, aside from the Brazillian electrician bit.

We are suggesting that he does not know for sure what type of rifle it is, and even if it is an air rifle it could be an FAC gun, capable of firing a round with energy approaching that of a .22 rimfire. Even a non FAC air rifle can maim or kill, and should not be taken lightly.

We simply suggest that Accy report that he has had a rifle pointed at him, that he cannot say with certainty what type of rifle it may be or, more importantly, the suspects intent, and then step back and let the police do their job.

If you have an honestly held belief that it was a rifle, report it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you reported him yet?

No one is recommending Accy make anything up, aside from the Brazillian electrician bit.

We are suggesting that he does not know for sure what type of rifle it is, and even if it is an air rifle it could be an FAC gun, capable of firing a round with energy approaching that of a .22 rimfire. Even a non FAC air rifle can maim or kill, and should not be taken lightly.

We simply suggest that Accy report that he has had a rifle pointed at him, that he cannot say with certainty what type of rifle it may be or, more importantly, the suspects intent, and then step back and let the police do their job.

If you have an honestly held belief that it was a rifle, report it.
Not splitting hairs here but he had a rifle 'bag' pointed at him and as clearly pointed out in the quote's above people have in fact suggested telling police he has had a GUN pointed at him.

Do what he want's for me but don't be surprised if days after the event f**k all happens.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not splitting hairs here but he had a rifle 'bag' pointed at him and as clearly pointed out in the quote's above people have in fact suggested telling police he has had a GUN pointed at him.

Do what he want's for me but don't be surprised if days after the event f**k all happens.
It seems that this is going completely over your head. You can't seem to comprehend that a stiff rifle bag/case means that there's a stiff object in there. If the bag was empty it'd be limp. Do you now accept that the bag contained an object and not just air?🤔

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Listen mate, I couldn't really give a t**s who you report to whom, you can't seem to comprehend you've seen no gun whatsoever so go ahead and do what you want. It could be half a dozen umbrella's or didgeridoo for you know.

In his very first post he has seen him with air rifle before. Then he points an air rifle bag at him, which i think only a fool would conclude that is stuffed with a didgerdoo, umbrella's or local kebab shop menu's.

In the time ive been on these forums, Accy has reported a number of campaigns of harrassment by these same neighbours which i think we can all agree is very little we can do about, but perhaps it helps to get it off his chest which i don't really have a problem with. He felt threatened by it, it could have been a gun, probably was his air rifle (who knows) the obvious answer is to report it...

Drago

Legendary Member
Accy was the only person there who witnessed this, so we have only his account to go by. Accy is an intelligent (cough! ;) ), articulate chap, and he appears to have an honestly held belief that the item was a gun.

There is no evidence to contradict the account of the only witness, so the reasonable suspicion is that Accy saw a shooter.

If you have evidence of information to the contrary that might shed light on the situation and set Accy's mind at rest the please feel free to divulge it.

Accy is one of us, part of our community. Ok, he talks to pot plants and dresses like a dandy, but we should stand by our compadre, and be excellent to him.

Accy could report it, and nothing may happen except more grief for himself. Or he could not report it and an innocent person could get shot. I can understand Accy's angst in weighing the possible consequences of his decision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom