I dreamed a dream ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You will be the first to know, Summerdays.
Need to rethink the bit about the flowing silk scarf ... who was the glam lady that strangled herself with one while riding a motorbike? :scratch:
No that bit is fine ... just occasionally needs readjusting as you go along (no idea why my scarves are trying to escape but they do). I struggle with the flowing dress .. .and end up in jeans, shorts or cropped trousers most of the time!!! (If not lycra and that just doesn't go with your dream!:laugh:)

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Isadora Duncan I think was the glam lady?

Dreams seldom live up to reality, but some do and it is the joy of finding them which keeps us going.

I have ridden plenty of the ancient stuff and it varies immensely, quite often the good comfortable stuff is ridden to destruction and the dross gets chucked in a shed to survive for decades and often gets bought by me.

... of a Dutch style ladies bike with dinamo lights and a wicker basket, with pretty curved handlebars, a frame pump, a chain guard just like this.
I dreamed a dream of riding to town on it, wearing a long skirt, flowing silk scarf, pretty shoes, handbag in the basket.

I had the same dream. Exactly the same one!

None of my wife's skirts or shoes fitted when I tried them on.

She came into the room to see what all the noise was about.

I really do feel jolly awkward about the whole unfortunate misunderstanding now.

Dreams are sometimes best left well alone.

Trail Child

I had a terrifying dream zombies last night ... *shudder* Had to keep the light on for part of the night.

I have a retro-style cruiser that I love. Very comfortable ride.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Now remind me, why is it I am still single? :cheers:
Because you spend your time off cycling the habitat of the haggis? :wacko:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Maybe,but a cat won't stick its butt in your face and expect you to kiss it.
Comment a bit vulgar :whistle:
As a committed cat lady I must correct you: cats will often stick their butt in your face, it's their way to say hi.
You are supposed to sniff the bit under the tail :biggrin:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got this through my Cycle2Work scheme: http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/Detail/13daily/daily/Globe Daily 2 Step Through

specialized-globe-daily-2-step-thru-13.jpg

They do a version with a basket too :girldance:

It's got a 7-speed hub gear and is OK to ride, although quite 'slow' and gentle.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Wot? DCLane is a guy. no?
Did you buy it for your lady, had a test drive first?

It's technically mine, since it came via my Cycle2Work. However, a month later I won a bike via Sustrans - so use that instead atm. I've also got 3 others as well dotted about the house!

The basic aim was for both of us to use it to share commutes/duties; it's a Small size, but fits me at 5' 9" as well as her at 5' 2" (once the reflector was off). It's the simplest of all our bikes to ride and useful for local errands.

In reality I use it occasionally as does she and it spends most of its' time behind my work commuter.

When the kids were little we had a step-through Claud Butler Cotswold with a Hamax seat bolted to the chainstays. It had a whicker basket, mudguards, a dynamo and even a stand... There was never a more feminine bicycle.

However, I found myself using it even sans enfants because it was comfortable, practical and easy to ride. Just around town, you understand... not for anything involving image or macho posturing.

It never missed a gear and gave a nice, soft ride with no drama. Technically, it was a woman's bike and (technically) I am a man, but it was pure, pure cycling luxury.

Had it been a car, it would have been a 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SEL 6.3. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't.

Where is it now? Hanging in the rafters alongside several other no-longer-cherished bicycles. Cruel....

Top Bottom