I expect you've all seen this. Driver tweets about a collision.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's like being an aggressive, self-pitying, repetitive, forgetful fool with a balance disorder and a dodgy tummy. Allegedly ... :whistle::blush:
Is that from personal experience. Some(most) of that sounds like how I feel after a seizure.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is that from personal experience.
Er, not recently ... :whistle:

I have to admit to all the other stuff in the past though, apart from the aggression - I was a depressed drunk, rather than an angry one.

Some(most) of that sounds like how I feel after a seizure.
I've fainted on several occasions and that's also how I felt then. Not nice, is it! (Obviously a seizure must be worse, but after coming out of a faint I always felt really disorientated and giddy.)

classic33

Leg End Member
Er, not recently ... :whistle:

I have to admit to all the other stuff in the past though, apart from the aggression - I was a depressed drunk, rather than an angry one.

I've fainted on several occasions and that's also how I felt then. Not nice, is it! (Obviously a seizure must be worse, but after coming out of a faint I always felt really disorientated and giddy.)
I've said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here.
I'm one of the lucky ones, insofar as I get to leave A&E, if taken, under my own steam/power. Others never leave.

ColinJ

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here.
I'm one of the lucky ones, insofar as I get to leave A&E, if taken, under my own steam/power. Others never leave.
I was on a cycling holiday on a hot day in Spain when one of our group suddenly had a seizure, fell off his bike and lay convulsing at the side of the road.

The man was fortunate that a couple of Royal Navy guys were with us and their training kicked in straight away - one took charge of the situation while the other went back to the gates of a military base that we had just passed and managed to persuade the guards to bring out a vehicle and take the patient 20 miles to a hospital.

He was kept in hospital overnight and rested a day, but was then able to rejoin us for the rest of his holiday. It turned out that he hadn't taken his medication for a few days for some reason.

He was a lucky fellow to get away with it. There were bends without barriers on the descent off that mountain, and deep ravines just beyond the edge of the road. He'd have been in big trouble if he had lost control down there ...

ColinJ

Alternatively it can be warm, generous, open-hearted, healthily disinhibited, humorously disoriented, and spontaneously funny ... allegedly of course.
I think you are describing people who are pleasantly intoxicated rather than actually drunk. I used to be like that on my first 4 or 5 pints of beer or first few double vodkas.

But after another 5 or 6 pints and/or double vodkas ...
A drunk said:
Have I ... Have I, and more vodkas, more double vodkas. Er, no, it's just ... I can't remember how many vodkas I've had ... Have I been drinking vodka cos I don't even like vodka! Seriously, you can't, you can't ... no, come back, I mean, I din't mean to spill it on you, I'll buy you another one, oh crap, who put that chair there, give us a hand will you, I feel a bit wobbly - ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, that's really funny. Don't you reckon! It's really funny that, that, er ... well, I thought it was funny. Wassa matter with you, aint you got no sense of humour! He's always had it in for me since I, since I got a better grade in ... in, er Chemistry. Chemistry! I got a better grade in Chemistry! He didn't do Chemistry mind, he did Biolgy, Biolgu, Biol-o-gy, but if he HAD done Chemistry I would have got a better grade than him. Definitely. The letter 'i' appears twice in 'definitely'. It is definitely 'definitely' and definitely not 'definately' but not a lot of people know that. Actually, millions, MILLIONS of people do know that, it is just the MILLIONS who do not know that who, er, do not know ... THAT! Are you going to the bar? I'd go to the bar but the floor isn't level. It was level when we came in, but it isn't level now! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, that's really funny. Don't you reckon! It's really funny that, that, er ... well, I thought it was funny. Wassa matter with you, aint you got no sense of humour! You don't like me, do you? Why doesn't anybody here like me ...

(And so on. ...)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You have all been told to keep it on topic, so heed the warning or it will be locked.

It's probably run its course anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
You have all been told to keep it on topic, so heed the warning or it will be locked.

It's probably run its course anyway.
It was a mis-understanding over my first post on Page 29 that brought the epilepsy in.
Mistaken as being a wee bit drunk. I don't believe any offence was meant in infferring I was drunk. Certainly none was taken. Since then there have been people aplogising for something they, I feel, shouldn't have to aplogise for. They were unaware of the condition and seemed put out that they may have caused offence, by what they said.
I asked what it its like to be drunk to try and put people at ease and to prove no offence was/had been taken by me over the comments made.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Was the experience so awful that you've blocked it from your mind?
I mentioned to Mrs A_T that I couldn't remember ever going to Bradford... she reminded me that we visited the Museum of the Moving Image [or whatever it was called] there, one of the 'Millenium Projects' and visited a friend who lived in Queensbury. Mind you I'd confidently state that I've not done lots of things only to find I have and vice-versa!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Have I ... Have I, and more vodkas, more double vodkas. Er, no, it's just ... I can't remember how many vodkas I've had ... Have I been drinking vodka cos I don't even like vodka! Seriously, you can't, you can't ... no, come back, I mean, I din't mean to spill it on you, I'll buy you another one, oh crap, who put that chair there, give us a hand will you, I feel a bit wobbly - ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, that's really funny. Don't you reckon! It's really funny that, that, er ... well, I thought it was funny. Wassa matter with you, aint you got no sense of humour! He's always had it in for me since I, since I got a better grade in ... in, er Chemistry. Chemistry! I got a better grade in Chemistry! He didn't do Chemistry mind, he did Biolgy, Biolgu, Biol-o-gy, but if he HAD done Chemistry I would have got a better grade than him. Definitely. The letter 'i' appears twice in 'definitely'. It is definitely 'definitely' and definitely not 'definately' but not a lot of people know that. Actually, millions, MILLIONS of people do know that, it is just the MILLIONS who do not know that who, er, do not know ... THAT! Are you going to the bar? I'd go to the bar but the floor isn't level. It was level when we came in, but it isn't level now! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, that's really funny. Don't you reckon! It's really funny that, that, er ... well, I thought it was funny. Wassa matter with you, aint you got no sense of humour! You don't like me, do you? Why doesn't anybody here like me ...

(And so on. ...)

Haha - I think I'd like to go for a drink with you some time.

IME alcohol amplifies whatever character traits and mood you already have.
So if you're a bit of a w@nker, you'll be even more so, and if you're a happy sort, likewise.

Top Bottom