I feel a bit cheated really.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Off out on the bike this morning,rain,wind and not a nice day to be on the bike but i was determined to get out.Did'nt have a route in mind,was thinking of 30 ish miles as it was'nt pleasant at all out so just looked ahead and peddaled.After 20 or so miles i decided today was the day to hit my first half century,i was absolutely determined.After getting a bit lost i finally found familiar surroundings,going well up to 30 ish miles,still windy and raining and boom,i bonked.stopped for 10 mins,had a drink from my bottle,let my numb feet get some feeling back then i was off again.However the going was difficult now as i just could'nt find the energy.The thought of coffee and toast and jam would'nt leave my mind but i did'nt pass any food stops that were open.So looking at the computer i thought if i headed for home i would be very close to the 50 miles i so yearned to reach.44 miles and my feet were drenched,freezing and very painful,i was in a head wind and struggling to turn the pedals up a hill,at 48.3 miles i came to my front gate and just could'nt go any further...................But the toast and coffee was luvvvvverly. So i feel a bit cheated by the weather but still at least i got out on the bike.

flying start

Veteran
Nice write up matey at least you got out on a bike good going I was out on the mtb yesterday at Whinlatter snow made it very hard going and slush made my feet wet and cold top marks for just getting out the door with a bike

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
It is disappointing when you get so close, we are weird aren't we us cyclists...what's 1.7 miles at the end of the year?...:smile:
We certainly are mate,it was a case of so close yet so far,but when i saw my gate i really could'nt have given a monkees :laugh: Oh and average speed was 15.3 mph so was happy with.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done !
At least you got out, my son managed to cut his face with something from my tool box yesterday when my attention was diverted so i have a whingy kid, whingy wife and screaming toddler to deal with , suddenly a rain soaked ride seems like a pleasant use of my time .

Hip Priest

Veteran
I woke up with a hangover today after drinking too much and chasing it down with a dirty pizza. I decided that the only way to make myself feel like less of a fat pig was to go out and ride. After 25 cold, windy, hilly miles I feel much better.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
I have a pulld muscle in my shoulder which refuses to go away and made the ride painfull but soo glad i stuck it out.

Top Bottom