I feel a bit cheated really.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
well done , i have only done 1.5 miles this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's 1.5 more than me too. I had planned a long ride, I carbo-loaded and put new tyres and tubes on the bike. Saturday had looked promising but the forecast deteriorated. I had to settle for 45 mins on the turbo in the end :rolleyes:

Well done Chris-H, 50 miles will be a piece of cake in better conditions!

Biker Joe

Über Member
That was a hell of a ride. It's terrible when you bonk.
You did well getting back home in those conditions.
Well written by the way:thumbsup:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i went out in the snow and rain saturday and learnt a big lesson - when you get back with frozen hands and feet DON'T jump straight into a hot bath - i thought my digits were going to explode - couldn't face the same again on sunday so turbo time - i wimped out

compo

Veteran
My hybrid lives indoors while my MTB shivers in the shed. I was determined to get out for a ride this morning, snow or no snow. I planned a circuit of Harlow using the traffic free bike tracks on the MTB. At 0530 this morning I got the MTB from the shed and bought it indoors ready. It wasn't snowing again then, but it is coming down well now. Am I going out? You bet I am. What is the point of having an MTB with big nobbly tyres and not using it! Anyway to a hard-ass (rule 9) former Legionnaire, what's a bit of snow?

compo

Veteran
I went out and really enjoyed it. I only did about 10 miles. Although deepish snow it wasn't slippery. That will come tomorrow if it freezes tonight. It was hard work ploughing through the snow and slush on 1.95 nobbly tyres and gives me a little appreciation of what the proper MTB'ers do when going on a muddy cross country.

Mile195

Veteran
My mountain bike only comes out of the garage to go to the pub... though in fairness we haven't got too many mountains round my way...

Even if we did I'm not sure I'd go 50 miles on it in this miserable weather for fun... so you're braver than I!

DTD

Veteran
Well done. I bet the disappointment of today will give you the determination not to let it happen next time.
Bonking shouldn't be taken lightly – I'm diabetic, so never let it happen, maybe a packet of glucose tablets or sugary sweets in the jersey pocket just in case?

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Well done. I bet the disappointment of today will give you the determination not to let it happen next time.
Bonking shouldn't be taken lightly – I'm diabetic, so never let it happen, maybe a packet of glucose tablets or sugary sweets in the jersey pocket just in case?
You are so right there,next time my pockets will be stuffed :thumbsup:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Well done :smile: that was probably worth a 60 in nice weather with the sun on your back. Easily

Top Bottom