I feel old :(

pzycoman

I feel really really old - iv just realised, at teh grand age of 23, iv spent 4 years working.

Thats almost 1/5th of my life spent working.

By 25, id have spent 6 years working - over 1/5th...

:sad: ;)

Mr Phoebus

No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Oh boy. You have no idea how little sympathy you're going to get for that whinge!
Brace yourself laddy, you're going to get a fine old shoeing from the middle aged masses! ;)

Chuffy (38, going on 80)

Twenty Inch

pzycoman said:
I feel really really old - iv just realised, at teh grand age of 23, iv spent 4 years working.

Thats almost 1/5th of my life spent working.

By 25, id have spent 6 years working - over 1/5th...

:sad: ;)

If you don't start using apostrophes properly, you won't live to be 25! (loads grammar gun, takes aim....)

Tetedelacourse

Mr Phoebus said:
It's a three-toed sloth, but I think it looks like Adrian Chiles.
I've always thought it's had a cigarette-holder in its mouth.

OP
pzycoman

pzycoman

Chuffy said:
I daresay your English is a damn sight better than 3 Inches Arabic, so no worries there...;)
I get confuselated between some words sometimes though - in Arabic there isnt really a diffrence between "argument" and "discussion", and I dont really understand why there are 2 diffrent words that essentially mean the same thing in erngleesh. And also english is quite clumbsy compared to Arabic where a very slight variation in the way you pronouce something drastically changes what it means - "Adhbun" means tasty, whereas "Adh'bun" (diffrent syllabul (sp)) means torture. Just be very very careful what you order from the resturant :sad:

Twenty Inch

Chuffy said:
And that doesn't help either!

He is indeed a three toed sloth. A fine and amiable animal.

I daresay your English is a damn sight better than 3 Inches Arabic, so no worries there...;)
Twenty Inch refers to my wheel size, not to anything else. It should also be "3 inch's" in the singular possessive case.

Pzycoman's English is indeed better than my non-existent Arabic. So good, in fact, that it is a pity it is let down by relatively minor grammatical errors.

I regret not learning Arabic. Although I speak fluent German, Spanish and Russian, good French and conversational Italian, and write reasonably well in the first four languages, I always feel that I would have enjoyed the challenge of Arabic.

Top Bottom