I feel old :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pzycoman

I feel really really old - iv just realised, at teh grand age of 23, iv spent 4 years working.

Thats almost 1/5th of my life spent working.

By 25, id have spent 6 years working - over 1/5th...

:sad: ;)

Mr Phoebus

No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Oh boy. You have no idea how little sympathy you're going to get for that whinge!
Brace yourself laddy, you're going to get a fine old shoeing from the middle aged masses! ;)

Chuffy (38, going on 80)

pzycoman said:
I feel really really old - iv just realised, at teh grand age of 23, iv spent 4 years working.

Thats almost 1/5th of my life spent working.

By 25, id have spent 6 years working - over 1/5th...

:sad: ;)

If you don't start using apostrophes properly, you won't live to be 25! (loads grammar gun, takes aim....)

Tetedelacourse

Mr Phoebus said:
It's a three-toed sloth, but I think it looks like Adrian Chiles.

I've always thought it's had a cigarette-holder in its mouth.

pzycoman said:
Yeah but most of you lot on here are old enough to be my father!
And that doesn't help either!

Btw, chuffy, your avatar is strange...very very strange...
He is indeed a three toed sloth. A fine and amiable animal.

I daresay your English is a damn sight better than 3 Inches Arabic, so no worries there...;)

Im 39 and have now worked 5 days a week for 27 years. In fact I now have work so finely tuned, I barely notice it happening!

OP
OP
pzycoman

pzycoman

Chuffy said:
I daresay your English is a damn sight better than 3 Inches Arabic, so no worries there...;)

I get confuselated between some words sometimes though - in Arabic there isnt really a diffrence between "argument" and "discussion", and I dont really understand why there are 2 diffrent words that essentially mean the same thing in erngleesh. And also english is quite clumbsy compared to Arabic where a very slight variation in the way you pronouce something drastically changes what it means - "Adhbun" means tasty, whereas "Adh'bun" (diffrent syllabul (sp)) means torture. Just be very very careful what you order from the resturant :sad:

Chuffy said:
And that doesn't help either!

He is indeed a three toed sloth. A fine and amiable animal.

Twenty Inch refers to my wheel size, not to anything else. It should also be "3 inch's" in the singular possessive case.

Pzycoman's English is indeed better than my non-existent Arabic. So good, in fact, that it is a pity it is let down by relatively minor grammatical errors.

I regret not learning Arabic. Although I speak fluent German, Spanish and Russian, good French and conversational Italian, and write reasonably well in the first four languages, I always feel that I would have enjoyed the challenge of Arabic.

Top Bottom