I feel sorry for those on holiday today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helly79

I had a nice bank holiday Monday off went to a garden centre with my dad so he could buy some plants. Then I have 4 days of work to do then of again for 2 weeks. I can't wait :rolleyes:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
magnatom said:
With three kids, I don't get lie ins anyway.

We've two and I don't know what happened but they didn't get up until 8:30 this morning. We reckon it was the longest lie-in we'd had since before the first was born over six years ago.

Enjoy your work, I'm just going to get the top off a bottle of Hook Norton ale! :rolleyes:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
magnatom said:
...especially those who normally cycle to work. They will have missed out on the best morning in ages. Nice and cool, sunny with blue skies and incredibly quiet roads. What a great morning to cycle in! :biggrin::thumbsup:

I must admit I couldn't help talk out loud a couple of times to exclaim my glee. :sad:

I might post a video later if I have a chance!
Given that you've already posted 15 times today on CC, presumably there's not much work going on at the place where you cycled too today :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Shaun said:
Given that you've already posted 15 times today on CC, presumably there's not much work going on at the place where you cycled too today :rolleyes:

Actually, plenty to keep me ticking along. I'm a fast typer! :biggrin:

JiMBR

Lovely commuting conditions.

I can't help but notice that you have a long sleeved top on Maggers.

Get yer arms oot ya big jessie! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

JiMBR said:
Lovely commuting conditions.

I can't help but notice that you have a long sleeved top on Maggers.

Get yer arms oot ya big jessie! :rolleyes:

Bit chilly this morning. Short sleeves for the way home! :biggrin: (CC top as well!)

JiMBR

magnatom said:
Bit chilly this morning. Short sleeves for the way home! :rolleyes: (CC top as well!)

Yes...I must get myself one of those tops!

gavintc

Guru
Stunning ride home, it was so pleasant that I kept going, past the end of the road and did an extra 18 km loop. I decided to do some interval sprints. I was quite exhausted when I rode up the final little hill to our road.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
...especially those who normally cycle to work. They will have missed out on the best morning in ages. Nice and cool, sunny with blue skies and incredibly quiet roads. What a great morning to cycle in! :smile::thumbsup:

I must admit I couldn't help talk out loud a couple of times to exclaim my glee. :biggrin:

I might post a video later if I have a chance!

That road surface is terrible, you need to get a full sus bike for that... :ohmy:

postman

Legendary Member
Due to busy roads ,i went out on the Giant Rincon .Around Eccup Res and in Lord Harewood's grounds .Two and a half hours i was out .It was superb .

In the distance at The House was a two day Game Fair .It was packed .Never seen so many cars in the Lord's fields .Must have made himself a few bob today .

It's been ok really....fixed my 12v system....at least I think I have...couldn't listen to the radio last night as the battery was flat...Found an old charger I bought off of ebay and fiddled with the Potentiometers inside...It now charges the car battery at 2 amps constant instead of 6 amp burst..Did a bit of rewiring putting sturdier wires (with a 1 amp MCB in and the radio should work fine tonight as well as the night light...

Fixie is now fitted with motorcycle horn...just waiting for replacement 12v battery..

Reloaded Windows on an old PC as his has a good cooling system for the drives..(about ten fans)...found out how to change the dvd rom drive letters as they were wrong...and also why symantec antivirus wasn't updating...

No bike riding today but with seven concecutive commutes coming up I don't think that is a problem.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quite happy to be off...had a wander round Bodnant Gardens (NT Member) and managed to catch the Laburnum Arch in full flower - been twice before and missed it.... only flowers fully for a couple of weeks..... was fabulous....

Top Bottom