I gave a friend a lift - now she wants a new pair of jeans.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
Are we meant to fill in the gaps?

Can I start with 'trashy'?

I meant to say good looking, I wouldn't quite say trashy but she seems to forget she hasn't been 18 for many years.

Seevio

Guru
Why hasn't she replaced her car? Third party, fire and theft. Minimal insurance required legally. So she would be covered for fire.
So it's late and I can't be arsed to look it up but I thought it was just the third party bit that was required. That said it would take some effort to find a policy without fire and theft. (Possibly very little effort but that still comes under "some")

As to the OP, tell her she's talking bollocks. Judge your level of tact by how much you want to stay friends.

Post on Facebook that you're valeting the car and ask if anyone has some white rags to scrub the really dirty bits.

Or take a suggestion from someone who used to have a big circle of manipulating users: Go quiet, don't say anything, don't respond or be goaded. Unfriend on facebook. Forget her.

And yes she'll try to get your attention. Even negative attention is attention.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
In summer my wife, a young 61, wears white jeans for some social events.

Neither of us is stuck in the 90s. What’s the issue with white jeans, usually with flats I should add?

Top Bottom