I gave a friend a lift - now she wants a new pair of jeans.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So a young lady has no car, moans about not being able to afford a new one whilst still having 3 holidays obviously needs some new jeans and chances her arm blaming your car, that saved her a taxi fair and you feel bad?

I'd say she's trying it on and you need to grow a pair.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It’s when she comes round with the Omo it starts getting interesting.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm just pleased to see I am not alone in thinking she is bang out of order. I did take it seriously to be begin with and inspected the seats to see but I can't find anything that would cause stains.

I just don't like confrontation as I know I usually end up saying too much but telling me to get the car cleaned before giving her a lift again was the final straw.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Why hasn't she replaced her car? Third party, fire and theft. Minimal insurance required legally. So she would be covered for fire.

From an earlier post, the insurance payout went on 3 holidays and other useless tat.
One upside I guess is that if she'd replaced the car and hit a cyclist, she might have tried getting compensation for a scratched body panel.
We're safe from that at least.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
Why hasn't she replaced her car? Third party, fire and theft. Minimal insurance required legally. So she would be covered for fire.

To be fair, the car was a practically worthless late 1990s Corsa so what they'd give her for it wouldn't be very much. She also insists on a left hand drive car (she's from Eastern Europe) as she claims she doesn't feel comfortable driving a right hand drive and there aren't that many around here if you ignore exotic stuff.

I don't get it myself as left hand drive would make it very difficult to overtake things safely.

1. @tyred - just want to add my voice to the people who think she is bonkers
  2. If she had given you a voucher for valeting, that still would have been a bit impolite, but funny and you could have accepted it and used it and be better friends.
  3. I have to know, what shoes was she wearing with her designer white jeans. I'll be disappointed if they don't have at least 3 inch heals.

Top Bottom