I get colder and colder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anybody else get this?

Tonight is a perfect example, I cycled home, 19 miles at a moderate pace, feel fine during the ride.

Then I get home, put the bike in the garage etc etc and all is still fine, go indoors and the house feels warm.

Now, as the evening goes on I get colder, and colder, I`m sat here now with the heating on, hugging the radiator, and I`m shivering. This has become the norm now that the weather has got colder and I don`t know why. I`m not under-dressed for the ride, in-fact I run quite hot, so what`s going on I`m puzzled?:wacko:

OP
OP
I
[QUOTE 5029816, member: 9609"]and yet you can cycle at -5c with no gloves - something must have went wrong with your thermostat.[/QUOTE]
Yes you could be right! That`s another story though

OP
OP
I
[QUOTE 5029816, member: 9609"]and yet you can cycle at -5c with no gloves - something must have went wrong with your thermostat.[/QUOTE]
You say this is the norm? Have you got a blood pressure monitor?
You could see your doctor and get checked out if you are worried.
My BP is always spot on, I work for the NHS servicing medical kit, and I use my arm as a test, several times every day, perk of the job, as I always know what my blood pressure is!

Many of us generate a lot heat when we exercise. Nothing to do with thermostat. He feels warm when he's moving because he is warm.

[QUOTE 5030297, member: 9609"]other than the Inuit are the only race who do not restrict blood flow to their hands in cold weather,[/QUOTE]that sounds like nonsense to me, starting with the fact race has no meaning scientifically.

I went jogging in New York the first time I went there. I was in a t-shirt and leggings, everyone else were wear layers and gloves. I was perfectly comfortable. I later worked out that at 30F it was the coldest I'd ever experienced, but I was perfectly comfortable. I put this down to my Scottish and Northern Irish ancestors.

Top Bottom