I get colder and colder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Could your body be under-fuelled?

Maybe, I`m usually pretty hungry when I get home, and don`t tend to eat a huge amount in the evenings

Eat more? :smile:

Eat something when you get in. Don't wait till you feel cold. Bowl of hot soup...........

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Does anybody else get this?

Tonight is a perfect example, I cycled home, 19 miles at a moderate pace, feel fine during the ride.

Then I get home, put the bike in the garage etc etc and all is still fine, go indoors and the house feels warm.

Now, as the evening goes on I get colder, and colder, I`m sat here now with the heating on, hugging the radiator, and I`m shivering. This has become the norm now that the weather has got colder and I don`t know why. I`m not under-dressed for the ride, in-fact I run quite hot, so what`s going on I`m puzzled?:wacko:

@iateyoubutler

After a long day (hiking) in the mountains I get pretty hot regardless of the prevailing weather at the time. Almost without fail within half an hour of finishing the route I get really cold, at the point of shivering. This happens even on a hot day or sitting in a warm car or (better still) a toasty pub. Only lasts for maybe 15-20 minutes though, not a whole evening.

I've never bothered to research this and just assumed it's a natural happenstance. It's almost as though the body is going through the cooling down process, over does it and then self-corrects.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It could be that previously constricted blood vessels are opening up once in the warmth. This allows cooler blood to return to your core causing you to shiver etc as you are no longer generating heat.

OP
OP
I
Thanks for the input here guys.

Thinking about it, I never "warm down" for the last mile or two, I go from flat out to nothing (I always hammer it on my commutes). I did try a few things tonight, I took it easy for the last 5 minutes, downed a massive cuppa when I got it, and did have a good soak. It`s been a transformation on yesterday:okay:

My house certainly isn`t cold, that`s what I like about it. Last night when I was sat here shivering it was still 23 degrees - more than enough, so the cold was me, not the house.

Hopefully these things I`ve done tonight work, will keep doing them

lazybloke

Considering a new username
And iirc your core temperature falls in the evenings in preparation for sleep. I fairly often experience short periods of almost uncontrollable shivering if I'm up late.

Or maybe you're sitting in a draft

macky

It could be down the your flooring. Cold air will rise through a concrete floor and chill the room. Plus your feet on the floor will take in the cold. That's assuming you have laminated or tiled flooring.

macky

:laugh:Sack my thoughts then

OP
OP
I
Ok, been out tonight, cycled to my nan`s place after work (24 miles, and a full roast with all the trimmings for tea), feet slightly cold but soon warmed up. Left there 2 hours later for the ride home, got home feeling fine, sat down now, heating on, house at 22 C, feet and hands like ice, shivering.................

Was fine for the first hour

WTF?:eek::eek:

Top Bottom