I got a bit ambitious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
I'm just back from a short ride, firstly to drop off some donations at the charity shop. Both Altura Panniers full and a 25l rucksack pretty full too. On the way back I needed some bread and also some soft drinks. Now in my Tesco they have a 24 can pack of Diet Coke for £5 and it was too good an offer to miss and also I didn't want to come back with the car. I bought the pack thinking it might just fit in one of the panniers, it it nearly did, oh so nearly... I didn't want to take all the cans out of the pack as I wanted it for storing the cans that wouldn't fit in the fridge so remembering my panniers had come with 2 webbing straps each I proceeded to strap it to the top of the rack. It might look slightly dodgy, but I only had half a mile to home. :bicycle: :eek: :cheers:

20151123_141531.jpg

Hugs
Archeress x

Nice, but I wouldn't open any of the cans for a little while...

Levo-Lon

Guru
The wife panic bought 2 boxes sunday..much to my annoyance..its all she drinks apart from evian..
She wont touch Diet Coke..nor will i drink anything with sweetners..

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yesterday after work, panniers almost full with tools, dirty uniform, contraband cake ^_^, other bits and pieces, I popped into my local Tesco.
Had to collect 10 bike chains on special offer at £1 each (click and collect), added 6 tins of cat food, a bag of cat litter (not the light expensive one!), some cheese and a chocolate trifle :hungry:.
Strapped the chains and litter on the rack, cat food in bag hanging from bike bar, cheese and trifle in cycling back strapped on my back.
Then I pushed the bike the half mile home :laugh:
No pictures as it was pinch black!

Yesterday after work, panniers almost full with tools, dirty uniform, contraband cake ^_^, other bits and pieces, I popped into my local Tesco.
Had to collect 10 bike chains on special offer at £1 each (click and collect), added 6 tins of cat food, a bag of cat litter (not the light expensive one!), some cheese and a chocolate trifle :hungry:.
Strapped the chains and litter on the rack, cat food in bag hanging from bike bar, cheese and trifle in cycling back strapped on my back.
I wish my life was as exciting as yours, Pat.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I was going to ask how you can ride with bags hanging from the handlebars. I see people doing it all the time, but I can't. I'd be terrified that I couldn't get to the brakes.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I was going to ask how you can ride with bags hanging from the handlebars. I see people doing it all the time, but I can't. I'd be terrified that I couldn't get to the brakes.
I often hook shopping bags over my wrists on my drop bar, still get to the brakes but can make steering a little twitchy

Top Bottom