I got a bit ambitious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
What!? No rum?

No it's Gin and Tonic.

GT bike.

Booyaa

Veteran
Had similar in Zeewolde when on summer hols this year. Filled the panniers and didn't think about it when I bought 4 2 litre bottles of water. The rest of the shopping only just fitted in the pannier I had and the 4 bottles of water were similarly strapped to the top of the rack for the cycle back to the campsite, only about 2 miles but was a bit hairy at times going over the speed bumps etc.

OP
OP
Archeress

Archeress

Veteran
Yesterday after work, panniers almost full with tools, dirty uniform, contraband cake ^_^, other bits and pieces, I popped into my local Tesco.
Had to collect 10 bike chains on special offer at £1 each (click and collect), added 6 tins of cat food, a bag of cat litter (not the light expensive one!), some cheese and a chocolate trifle :hungry:.
Strapped the chains and litter on the rack, cat food in bag hanging from bike bar, cheese and trifle in cycling back strapped on my back.
Then I pushed the bike the half mile home :laugh:
No pictures as it was pinch black!

Wow! I feel suitably humbled.

Hugs
Archeress x

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Don't be: I had to walk the bike home after all :laugh:
While stuffing the contraband cake?

ayceejay

Guru
cargo bike.jpg

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I'm just back from a short ride, firstly to drop off some donations at the charity shop. Both Altura Panniers full and a 25l rucksack pretty full too. On the way back I needed some bread and also some soft drinks. Now in my Tesco they have a 24 can pack of Diet Coke for £5 and it was too good an offer to miss and also I didn't want to come back with the car. I bought the pack thinking it might just fit in one of the panniers, it it nearly did, oh so nearly... I didn't want to take all the cans out of the pack as I wanted it for storing the cans that wouldn't fit in the fridge so remembering my panniers had come with 2 webbing straps each I proceeded to strap it to the top of the rack. It might look slightly dodgy, but I only had half a mile to home. :bicycle: :eek: :cheers:

View attachment 110837

Hugs
Archeress x

I hope you got paid for sponsorship!!!

(Jokes, I love Diet Coke)

@ayceejay seconded. You need a bigger bike. Mine:
Plenty of carrying capacity. Does unfortunately encourage you to be ever more ambitious. I've got 2 big Sports Direct bags that fit nicely in the bags that are used as the 'stop buying stuff' gauge
There some sort of sponsorship thing happening with CC? I certainly did not put the SD link in my post

Top Bottom