I had to say something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... What if he rides along the road and scrapes alongside a parked car causing £300 worth of damage. Who should pay for the damage? ...

The world is going mad I tell you. Next some will advocate walking insurance. Insurance is the biggest racket in town akin to printing money.

I believe the only time I've caused damage to a car was as a pedestrian, or maybe a low flying object when i crashed face first into the passenger door. I wasn't insured :shy:

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought they had stopped red diesel. It was joked to be one of the main reasons they’re changing our fleet of Forklifts to battery.

Farmers are exempt.

Having just been in a tractor, it was burning over 50litres an hour doing field work.

Construction and industrial and hire machinery now has to use white diesel and pay the retail prices.

tyred

Legendary Member
I believe the only time I've caused damage to a car was as a pedestrian, or maybe a low flying object when i crashed face first into the passenger door. I wasn't insured :shy:

Years ago, a friend was riding in an out of their (private) lane on his Raleigh Grifter to see how fast he could go (according to one of those '80s speedometer. His father had moved the family Hillman Avenger for some reason and my friend hit it full whack on the driver's door and did a surprising amount of damage. He landed on the roof and left a big dent on it and the door was so caved in that the window wouldn't go down. The Grifter was completely unharmed :okay:

A bike can indeed do a fair bit of damage to a car.

Top Bottom