I (hate) love Strava!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
I was just sitting at my desk, minding my own business when I received an email from Strava informing me I have unfortunately lost one of my few, hard earned KOM's.....bugger!.....by 2 second!!! :hyper:

jagman.2003

Über Member
I gained a KOM at the weekend by 2 seconds!

Don't think it was the same one as yours..........

But in balance I lost one of my few KOM's by 9 seconds the other week.
I'm planning my return carefully, just waiting for the right opportunity.

D

Deleted member 22722

I got one of those emails 2 weeks ago. I was gutted as I only have a few KOM's and worked darn hard to get them.

The next morning I got up and got my KOM back. Only by 1 second mind.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
:bicycle:I just got 20 QOM's :biggrin:

Unfortunately they also gave me a red flag :blush:, I put it in the back of the car without stopping it recording:whistle:. I'm just about to hand them back but it was nice for 30 secs seeing all those crowns!

In reality I do have a few but it's for the less well ridden roads and there are fewer females using Strava.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I don't use Strava. Probably because I really couldn't give a toss whether I'm faster/slower than someone I'll never meet.

NorvernRob

I was just sitting at my desk, minding my own business when I received an email from Strava informing me I have unfortunately lost one of my few, hard earned KOM's.....bugger!.....by 2 second!!! :hyper:

I absolutely hammered a segment near here last week, knew I was close to the KOM as I was doing around 19mph all the way up the hill, I was already 3rd averaging around 17mph. When I got home it hadn't registered the segment, despite it registering every single time I've done my training run before (18 or so times).

I emailed Strava in a massive huff because I nearly lost a lung I was so knackered at the end, got an email back saying they'd been able to match the segment and I was KOM :bicycle: It had stood for over a year too. Many of the segments I ride are very popular so I'm not going to get too many KOM's and I deserved that one! The only problem is Veloviewer doesn't pick it up even though it's now on the activity.

I love it, it gives added incentive to training runs especially when I'm out with my training buddy and we both have a go at a few.

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
I wish I were in the running for ANY koms, best I have is an 8th overall but mostly I'm 100 down the list of 600 or more.
It's taken me a good couple of years of trying to get the ones I've got , I used to be way down the leader boards but just kept trying and am slowly getting faster, that's what I love about strava it personally motivates me to try that bit harder, and the reward of moving up just a few places, is in itself very rewarding. It's one of the main things that keeps me motivated with my fitness/ cycling

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
I absolutely hammered a segment near here last week, knew I was close to the KOM as I was doing around 19mph all the way up the hill, I was already 3rd averaging around 17mph. When I got home it hadn't registered the segment, despite it registering every single time I've done my training run before (18 or so times).

I emailed Strava in a massive huff because I nearly lost a lung I was so knackered at the end, got an email back saying they'd been able to match the segment and I was KOM :bicycle: It had stood for over a year too. Many of the segments I ride are very popular so I'm not going to get too many KOM's and I deserved that one! The only problem is Veloviewer doesn't pick it up even though it's now on the activity.

I love it, it gives added incentive to training runs especially when I'm out with my training buddy and we both have a go at a few.
It also gives you a benchmark for that segment, if you know someone can do it in 2min and your doing it in 3 you know it's possible to push that bit harder and 9 times out of 10 you have got that little bit extra left you didn't know you had!

Top Bottom