I (hate) love Strava!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I am 1 second behind the KOM on a segment I created but im using my old bike atm. When my good un is out again the KOM WILL be mine :wacko:

Am I getting hooked?:blush:

bpsmith

Veteran
I am already eyeing up n+1. My times are based on an Alu Defy 1. The KOM I want is done using a Condor worth around 4 times it's value.

n+1 will be half way, so aiming for third initially. Lol.

Was planning on upgrading soon anyway. ;)

Road_Runner

Regular
Does anyone use Strava with their Garmin device? Does it effect the upload of the Garmin data to the Garmin Connect website?

I would prefer not to use the app, as i much prefer to keep my phone's battery life for if i get lost and want to get home asap.

DefBref

Über Member
Yes loads of people use their garmins to upload to strava and no it doesnt affect garmin connect. Its a separate upload of the same data. They do analyse it differently so you will see different elevations and speeds between strava and garmin connect.

bpsmith

Veteran
I use my iPhone linked to my Garmin Edge 510. It broadcasts my live route whilst out, but doesn't draw too much from the battery.

You can set it up to auto upload to Garmin Connect and there is also a plugin that then syncs to Strava. I don't use the sync with Strava though, as doesn't carry over the barometric bit and then Strava auto updates the elevation.

My current method is to just plug in to the iMac when I get home and upload separately to both Garmin and Strava. Works perfectly and unaffected by each other. Also charges back up whilst I ponder the segments of the day. ;)

jessculter

I'm not that competitive a person but Strava does help me during my rides.

Not so much beating other folk, just beating my own times is extremely pleasing.

Ian193

Über Member
I'm not that competitive a person but Strava does help me during my rides.

Not so much beating other folk, just beating my own times is extremely pleasing.

We use it for the same reason some of our times are near the top of the segments which is good

Top Bottom