I have a weird cheque/payment from NHS.....Can anyone offer advice please??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As per title, I got a cheque in the post....£150.00.
The payment form details simply says "Valneva Study Visit 14/05/21.
When I googled this it seems to say it is for taking part in "experimental Covid tests".
Very worrying.
I have had 2 jabs, both arranged by my Doctor and both supposed to be Pfizer.
Yes....there is a phone number which I will use BUT......
Is anyone familiar with this ??

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I would find a different number to call and check, not that one. If it is a scam, they'll have scammers prepared to talk to you.

How weird.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Buy yourself something nice. It will have to be a pretty complex scam if they give you a £150 and ask for absolutely nothing in return!

If the site told you it was Pfizer, and your record says it was Pfizer, it was Pfizer. Pfizer wasn't even involved in the Valneva study.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Give them a ring, you’re wise enough to be wary and not give them any details, though I doubt they’ll ask. If it is a scam then there’s fun to be had giving them the run around. Just make sure the phone number isn’t premium rate.

Reactions: C R

Tenkaykev

Guru
Paging @Drago
You shouldn’t cash the cheque, as you know you are not entitled to the money it may well be illegal.

Joffey

Big Dosser
As per title, I got a cheque in the post....£150.00.
The payment form details simply says "Valneva Study Visit 14/05/21.
When I googled this it seems to say it is for taking part in "experimental Covid tests".
Very worrying.
I have had 2 jabs, both arranged by my Doctor and both supposed to be Pfizer.
Yes....there is a phone number which I will use BUT......
Is anyone familiar with this ??

My advice - cash the cheque :becool:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Based upon the link from @dave r , it could that study, but you wouldn't be in the Southampton area, neither the age group. So it looks like the cheque belongs to someone else.
Edited to add: they may of course say keep the cheque for your honesty, should you ring them.

Top Bottom