I have brown shorts....anyone got any Vanish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thomas said:
What bit's that? The arsshhhhoolle clip? ;)

No the bit where the cyclist in front branches off up a road and looks like he is going the wrong way.;)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
hackbike 666 said:
No the bit where the cyclist in front branches off up a road and looks like he is going the wrong way.;)

Oh, I forgot I had that clip on the end :laugh:. Did wonder what you were on about ;)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
How can that be the standard position on rab with two lanes?!

If you have two lanes going onto a rab then the left is always used for exits leading clockwise around from your entrance to '12 o'clock' and the right hand land is for any exits after this.

What you done in the vid is effectively cutting the rab and the 'undertaking' driver was in fact in the correct lane and was in the right.

How Can anyone be expected to use the inside lane at the beginning when that would involve cutting up anyone in the left hand lane to use it?

I know what you're getting at but for this roundabout you are wrong. If you want to criticise me, you'll also have to with every other person I've ever seen use that roundabout...including the driver behind (who was across both the inside and outside lane as he tried to rush past me).

On another note...I think the up hill clip has been posted on some motoring forum as there seems to be a couple of trolls posting on it.

Norm

User3143 said:

If you have two lanes going onto a rab then the left is always used for exits leading clockwise around from your entrance to '12 o'clock' and the right hand land is for any exits after this.
Sorry, Lee, I think your gonna have to wind it in on that one. Check out the pic from Streetview which opens Thomas' video, the left lane, far from being "always used" in the way that you specify, is clearly marked as left turn only.

GrasB

Veteran
User3143 said:

What you done in the vid is effectively cutting the rab and the 'undertaking' driver was in fact in the correct lane and was in the right.
Road markings take precedent over the highway codes generic directions. There are a number of rabs I know which are marked for the nearside lane to be left only or left/straight on holding to the left hand lane. There are good reasons for the road to be marked this way & ignoring those markings is generally not a good idea.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Norm said:
Sorry, Lee, I think your gonna have to wind it in on this one. Check out the pic from Streetview which opens Thomas' video, the left lane, far from being "always used" in the way that you specify, is clearly marked as left turn only.

Cheers!

Lee....If you want I do this route quite a lot. I'll probably go for a spin on Wednesday and I'm happy to get some normal footage of going across the roundabout and even just show you the line across that everyone takes on it (I'll just have a rest and point the camera at the roundabout).

If you still want to argue then, at least I can say I tried :becool:;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
User3143 said:
I'm on about on the roundabout itself, two lanes, the inside one for going straight on the outside for going right.

I don't think you're paying attention - watch Thomas's video again and you'll clearly see that the road markings tell you that the nearside lane is for turning left, and the offside one for straight on or right. As thomas says in the video, that's different to most roundabouts.

GrasB

Veteran
User3143 said:
I'm on about on the roundabout itself, two lanes, the inside one for going straight on the outside for going right.
Given the lane markings approaching the rab you've got to take into consideration that the vehicle in front has to transition from the right hand to the left hand lane if they're going straight on.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
GrasB said:
Given the lane markings approaching the rab you've got to take into consideration that the vehicle in front has to transition from the right hand to the left hand lane if they're going straight on.

you can see me do this early on too...but as the guy is so close, and trying to get past, therefore making it quite hard.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lee, explain what the markings at the approach to the RAB mean, and explain how this puts Thomas in the wrong?

p.s. Thomas, please could you put a google streetview link to that RAB for us?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine

Will1985

Über Member
Far too long in primary on "Kett's incline" - I've never had a problem there before, and often with cars parked as in the video. Looks like you came off Mousehold a bit too quickly as well!

I have to say, that roundabout and that general area of Norwich is pretty dodgy for quality of driving, but I've only really experienced problems coming from Riverside onto that RAB.

Top Bottom