I have got coffee in my eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
Just add safety goggles to that outfit and you'll be reet.
Thanks for the advice. As you are an expert, can I ask if I ok to use the electrical fuse as I have been, or should I be using the burning type like you get on fireworks?

Tim Hall

Shouldn't be a problem if the coffee is ground correctly. The upside-down method risks over-extraction.
This. I don't use the upside down method, I described it merely for completeness.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
[QUOTE 5167669, member: 45"]I have, but you end up with a smaller drink.[/QUOTE]

If you want a longer drink then surely cafetiere or 'pour over' filter are better methods? Aeropress is designed for making pseudo-espresso.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
For completeness I do the following:

Remove filter holder
Eject yesterday morning's grounds into the bin
Rinse unit while kettle boils
Intend to stop kettle before it boils. Never do.
Add one compressed scoop of LaVazza Rossa
Pour some water from kettle on to scoop over upturned Aeropress to rinse it.
Turn scoop upside down and stir coffee with small bit of water so it doesn't clump
Pour rest of water over stick end of scoop so that is "washed" as well
Put scoop in dish drainer. It's had boiling water on so it must be clean, yeah?
Put filter in filter holder - wet it with tap water - used to do it with the kettle, but scalded myself once to often
Put filter on. Leave to stand upside down
Half fill large mug with rest of kettle water to warm it
Press coffee into mug of water after some time between not long enough (if I need to open up) or too long (if the phone rings)
Add milk.

Seems to work out ok for me.

I can still see, by the way.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'd have a large glass of absinthe. It won't cure your eyesight but it'll help you through the day.

This is about the only post in this thread that I understand. I also approve of it too.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 5167703, member: 45"]I like a big espresso. cefetieres are too weak, for wimps.[/QUOTE]

Is that why my cafetière coffee always tastes like crap? I thought it was me. Somehow.

Top Bottom