I have had a crash - Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
non issue non incident non non
You're too busy to spin the wheel yourself but post on here and ask about this non event? (sorry i forgot about the marked rubber that was previously present before he touched it with his thumb).
the guy doesn't want your insurance details yet you're asking everyone on here if we think you should stalk him down and keep offering? Is this just a statement to let us know you've got yourself insured for just such a non incident as this? I'm confused.
What? I have never heard such nonsense.
I was asking if I should have just given them to him. I asked and he declined.

I am insured because I am insured. Insurance doesnt just cover crashes. Mine covers 3rd party and personal accident. Why would I not offer him my details? I have nothing to hide.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
On looking back at the footage. I am amazed at exactly how much my head moved when he hit me. It was a very minor bump (as seen on the rear cam) and I cannot remember moving it that vigorously.
It made me jump a bit but not out of fright. And I didnt move it like that on purpose because I wasnt expecting it.

I haven't watched the footage, but from your description and updates it's definitely not a police matter! As people have said, it's a non event based on the lack of damage and his reactions afterwards.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I haven't watched the footage, but from your description and updates it's definitely not a police matter! As people have said, it's a non event based on the lack of damage and his reactions afterwards.
I was hoping you would pop up just to clear things up. Thanks.

As I have said, I am not taking this incident further and just posted the video so that people could see how a lapse of concentration for one second can cause a bump.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a guy rear end me today.

We were in stop-start traffic (I dont know why) and I was waiting behind one car at thhe front of a small queue of cars.
The car in front moved up a little and so did I. Before I knew it, I got a bump fromt the rear. I turned around to see a guy apologising and pointing to the kerb.
I got off my bike and headed to the kerb (I was keeping a close eye on him because I thought he was going to drive away (and a chase would have been brilliant)) but he pulled over.

I got all his details: Reg, Name, Number, Insurance company.

We inspected the damage and there was a small scuff on my tire (which he rubbed off before I could see). He said there was no damage to his car (I didnt look but I doubt that there was any).

The guy was alright with it and apologised. We went on our ways with smiles on our faces and I thanked him for stopping as other people would just drive away.

The problem is now, should I take my wheel to my LBS or just shrug it off? The bump was very minor (and when I say minor, I have gone through potholes which have given the wheel a bigger jolt). The wheel dodnt feel any different or out of true so should I just leave it?
What is the next step? Is it really a police matter?
I have to agree with what the majority are saying, however your post does raise a point.
Why would chasing after him "be brilliant", had he driven away? Assuming for this question you didn't know if your bike was damaged or not. Until you examined it at the roadside with the driver.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have to agree with what the majority are sayin, but your post does raise a point.
Why would chasing after him "be brilliant", had he driven away? Assuming for this question you didn't know if your bike was damaged or not. Until you examined it at the roadside with the driver.
Fair point. And if there was something seriously wrong or it felt weird then I would obviously have to let him go (and report it to the police).
What I meant was that it would be brilliant just in general. It would raise a question in my mind (is this guy going to be sensible about things?). If someone did drive away though, I wouldnt be as polite as I was in this situation.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
A chase would not be brilliant, only dangerous to yourself as you would not be concentrating on the road.
True. Plus I would probably be taking a lot of risks.

I am glad he didnt go anyway. It makes for a much more calming experience (although getting hit at any speed isnt exactly relaxing).

Top Bottom