1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have just been told I have to foster a child

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 13 May 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

....yep...HAVE to...why?...well it's all about a school exchange visit. My kid gets to go to Frankfurt for 2 months and we take the German kid in for 2 months....so waht I here you ask...well apparently the UK social services deem this to be an official fostering!! We now have to go through a full criminal record check, provide proof of iD passports etc and have a full inspection of our home carried out by social workers to ensure we are fit and proper parents and acceptable foster parents!
    There is no such requirement in Germany for the other kids parents.
    I dont mind doing this, I just think it's a bit over the top ...I mean I have to officially foster a kid to get this done...wow...oh well...ho hum...

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Apparently they only started doing it over here because statistics show that 98% of English children sent to Germany on exchanges of over 4 weeks are subject to severe beatings from the German parents.

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So, shouldn't the inspections be carried out in Germany and not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Don't let them see the cellar:evil:

6. That would be a shame as bigtallbloke was going to show them this, along with a little cattle shed in the garden...

...and explain the byre / cellar relationship.

(Too hot for a coat :tongue: )

7. walker

walker New Member

better stock up on the 'Brat'wurst, get the tinker drunk too.

8. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Gott im Himmel! Das ist furchtbar!

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

At least you can get little Hans to earn his keep by doing all the housework and gardening for you.

10. Bigtallfatbloke

last time i went to the skool peasant...erm...parents meeting I made a Rucksack joke which my son informed me was embarrassing....so last night I said nothing....the Frau however made a cellar joke to the German teacher....I think they had a mutual dislike of Austrians.

So for the socila inspection I need to remove the rucksack from the cellar

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i have a copy of the dvd of our glorious 1-5 demolition of germany in munich, should you need it…

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

.../ or you could watch the sound of music, colditz etc etc....:biggrin:

Your wife's German, nicht war? So presumably you 'll already have the above items....:smile:

13. Maz

Maz Guru

Best foster more than one...Many Hans make light work.

14. Bigtallfatbloke

..I kept an old VCR for the specific purpose of playing that video whenevr i feel the need to remind those closest to me of there station....or whenever I feel like a quiet night in on my own!

15. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

You might find he actually annexes the next-door garden for you; also, don't let hime place his towel on the kitchen chair, or you'll ahve to stand up to eat your brekky....