I have just been told I have to foster a child

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

....yep...HAVE to...why?...well it's all about a school exchange visit. My kid gets to go to Frankfurt for 2 months and we take the German kid in for 2 months....so waht I here you ask...well apparently the UK social services deem this to be an official fostering!! We now have to go through a full criminal record check, provide proof of iD passports etc and have a full inspection of our home carried out by social workers to ensure we are fit and proper parents and acceptable foster parents!
There is no such requirement in Germany for the other kids parents.
I dont mind doing this, I just think it's a bit over the top ...I mean I have to officially foster a kid to get this done...wow...oh well...ho hum...

Keith Oates

Janner
So, shouldn't the inspections be carried out in Germany and not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
At least you can get little Hans to earn his keep by doing all the housework and gardening for you.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

last time i went to the skool peasant...erm...parents meeting I made a Rucksack joke which my son informed me was embarrassing....so last night I said nothing....the Frau however made a cellar joke to the German teacher....I think they had a mutual dislike of Austrians.

So for the socila inspection I need to remove the rucksack from the cellar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
.../ or you could watch the sound of music, colditz etc etc....:biggrin:

Your wife's German, nicht war? So presumably you 'll already have the above items....:smile:

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
At least you can get little Hans to earn his keep by doing all the housework and gardening for you.
Best foster more than one...Many Hans make light work.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

i have a copy of the dvd of our glorious 1-5 demolition of germany in munich, should you need it…

..I kept an old VCR for the specific purpose of playing that video whenevr i feel the need to remind those closest to me of there station....or whenever I feel like a quiet night in on my own!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
You might find he actually annexes the next-door garden for you; also, don't let hime place his towel on the kitchen chair, or you'll ahve to stand up to eat your brekky....

Top Bottom