I have just demolished....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

vernon said:
a large plate of liver and onions mmmmmmmm..........

I think that I'd choose it as my last ever meal meal.

I take it you had seconds.

Arch

Married to Night Train
lazyj said:
i give liver to my dogs a few times a week, cant stand the stuff myself

I'm sure you don't over do it, but beware giving dogs too much liver. It's very Vitamin A rich, and although they can cope with a fair bit (IE one per carcass!), it can be poisonous. I've seen the skeleton of a cat fed entirely on liver by an indulgent old lady, and the poor thing's joints were nearly all fused solid - excess Vit A causes a build up of excess bone.

Carnivores store excess Vit A in their livers, which is why you shouldn't eat carnivore liver, and especially that of polar bears, who feed on seals, which are themselves carnivores (or piscivores). Polar bear liver is so Vit A rich, it's toxic to humans.

As for liver and onions... Mmmm, esp with good mash..

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
slowmotion said:
I'm dribbling into the keyboard. Lambs' liver fried in butter, a bit of garlic, bacon, gravy and mash. I would go to a firing squad with that inside me.

Forget the exotic ice-cream.

I dip the liver in flour and fry it in olive oil before adding fried onions (softened and golden in colour), tomato puree, salt and pepperto taste plus water and simmer gently.

That in itself is perfection in my books but I'll sometimes add mushrooms to the onions while frying them. Bacon is OK as an addition but I prefer to omit it.

I'm happy to serve the liver with rice, cous cous or wholemeal chapattis.

It's such a cheap meal to prepare and, living in a household where I am the only liver enthusiast means I don't have to share it with anyone :laugh:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Mmm <dribble> :laugh:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
vernon said:
I dip the liver in flour and fry it in olive oil before adding fried onions (softened and golden in colour), tomato puree, salt and pepperto taste plus water and simmer gently.

That in itself is perfection in my books but I'll sometimes add mushrooms to the onions while frying them. Bacon is OK as an addition but I prefer to omit it.

I'm happy to serve the liver with rice, cous cous or wholemeal chapattis.

It's such a cheap meal to prepare and, living in a household where I am the only liver enthusiast means I don't have to share it with anyone :smile:

Stop vernon!

This is pure torture...:laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I LOVE liver... evan as a kid I loved it, but none of my siblings liked it so we didn't have it often... now none of my kids like it, so I have it as a rare treat just for me now and again... I cooked a load for the dog once, but I ate most of it before she got some :wacko:

Top Bottom