I have started using Cannabis.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have noticed Dave is perpetually peckish these days and listening to a lot of Bob Marley.

Adam4868

Guru
Used to smoke cannabis when younger,more when traveling abroad I guess it was mostly hashish.Very rarely nowadays the new stuff is so strong ! Had a few puffs of a friend's a few months ago and it wiped me out...no fun or giggles just wrecked.I think it can be good for medicinal purposes/pain relief.Like anything you have to be careful though.

Drago

Legendary Member
As an ex copper, my own view is that I couldn't care less what people do in their own homes, the proviso being that they dont a) drive etc while under the influence, b) commit crime to fund a habit, or c) buy from sources that use modern slavery in the production process, which is a lot of them.

Cover those bases and they can go nuts for all I care.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I smoked a bit back in the 70's but I've not smoked tobacco or cannabis in 40 years.
Listened to a very good podcast where medical researchers were discussing the efficacy of LSD in treating some severe mental health problems, and the difficulty in expanding the studies due to the very strict protocols in place.
Cannabis was discussed and one neurologist pointed out that we have specific receptors in the brain for the active ingredients thereof and so it must have been part of our evolutionary development.

Drago

Legendary Member
In the interests of balance did they mention the mental health issues that LSD can cause its users many years after ceasing to take it?

Again, provided they meet my 3 criteria I couldn't care less how much LSD the Hawkwind fans take.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I smoked a bit back in the 70's but I've not smoked tobacco or cannabis in 40 years.
Listened to a very good podcast where medical researchers were discussing the efficacy of LSD in treating some severe mental health problems, and the difficulty in expanding the studies due to the very strict protocols in place.
Cannabis was discussed and one neurologist pointed out that we have specific receptors in the brain for the active ingredients thereof and so it must have been part of our evolutionary development.

That's interesting. I bet humans have smoked or ingested cannabis since Mankind first began walking around tasting plants so it's possible it has played a role in our evolution.

It has probably never played as strong an economic role in world history as the five plants in the book (can't remember the author) now increased to six, potatoes, cotton, sugar, tea, quinine and now coca.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bore, but the reason our brains have cannabinoid receptors is that our bodies synthesise their own cannabinoid molecules (endocannabinoids)
They are used by the nervous system to regulate a whole slew of functions, which is why exogenous cannabis can be so potent.

Top Bottom