I have wrote a new page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
allen-uk said:
Just to underline what Gaz has said: Type 2 is NOT forever. It usually IS, but if you can radically alter your diet, weight, and exercise levels, you can live quite happily without medications. I did this, too, a few years back - but the trouble is that if you slacken off, and allow your weight to creep back on, and cut out the exercise, the diabetes comes back, too.

Allen.

Yup, What Allen Said ! :biggrin:

Thanks boys, that's cleared that up for me. When I went to see my GP at the back-end of last year I explained why I wanted to get this weight off properly this time (i.e. no faffing about like previous occasions) and she said that diabetes was really something I didn't want to be dealing with in later life and that I had made a very wise decision to make a change. The thought of all the problems that diabetes can bring fills me with dread.
That said, although I am getting more exercise - a lot more in fact - and am eating much better, I haven't noticed any loss of enjoyment in life, quite the reverse. I still have a beer or a glass of wine (maybe too much on the odd occasion) but this is, for me, a long term project. I'd like the majority of the weight off by the New Year but if it isn't but I am not too far away then happy days.

Bill

Top Bottom