I just flashed at my neighbours!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just had a similar experience, "nitrogenating" the compost heap at the allotment. I completely forgot we had a new allotment neighbour, a very well-dressed Venezualan lady, on my blind side. As I was relaxing and surveying the allotment vista, I saw her staring at me. I didn't know whether to carry on and shake as normal, or to tuck it away and beat a hasty retreat.

Twenty Inch said:
I've just had a similar experience, "nitrogenating" the compost heap at the allotment. I completely forgot we had a new allotment neighbour, a very well-dressed Venezualan lady, on my blind side. As I was relaxing and surveying the allotment vista, I saw her staring at me. I didn't know whether to carry on and shake as normal, or to tuck it away and beat a hasty retreat.

Did you not courteously offer to let her shake it for you, while explaining that this is an alternative form of greeting to shaking hands in Britain?

Dave5N

Über Member
Twenty Inch said:

Bloody hell - so it really is twenty inch then? :sad:

Top Bottom