I just had 'that' chat with my wife...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
We're looking at upgrading our 40" for a 55" 4K l.e.d jobbie (Sky are supposedly broadcasting in 4K in 2015) I don't want it on the wall, so looking at a t.v cabinet for it to sit on

Speicher

Vice Admiral
And you stuck an ornament on top of it.

Young ones wouldn't understand that, but at one time telly cabinets were a couple of feet deep.

Hence the now out-moded joke: "What's on the television tonight?"

"A pot plant."

My tv is a couple of feet deep. :blush: It was a raffle prize about twelve years ago, and replaced a tv that was about twenty years old.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There is a house not far from me like that and it is directly opposite the window. A friend and I did speculate about how they would react if we were to fetch up with a couple of deckchairs and watch the cup final from the pavement.
You need a few more to make that work, a dozen or more would be hilarious. :eek:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If I wait a bit longer, someone might give me a 32" tv with lots of those hmdi (?) wotsits.
Do you have any use for those HMDI thingies? I wouldn't know myself but I suspect the male members of my family might have a different reply to me:giggle:

I wasn't impressed with something they did at Christmas when if they switched off the X box it powered everything else down!

mustang1

Guru
We have a room that was never used until i stuck a TV in there.

It seems TV really is central to the universe.

Not too long ago I wanted a hifi system. I consulted with my wife about the size of said system and implored her to visit the shop with me before purchase so she was happy with the size and placement of speakers. She left it up to me. I measured the system and sent her the dimensions and even showed her how things would look with the use of a measuring tape. She said it was fine.

When I bought it however, things certainly were not fine and so some "readjustments" were required.

So, Mr OP, just buy whatever you like and deal with the consequences with a stern lip and folded arms. If required, mark your territory. Oh, and happy TV hunting!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Do you have any use for those HMDI thingies? I wouldn't know myself but I suspect the male members of my family might have a different reply to me:giggle:

I wasn't impressed with something they did at Christmas when if they switched off the X box it powered everything else down!

Yes, the HMDI sockets are for things like the leads from the Sky Box and the Dvd recorder. IIrc televisions used to have one or two, but now some have three or four or even more. It means that if I wanted to show slides, for instance, from the laptop puter, I would have a spare input (the I in HMDI). I thought they were HDMI (high definition media input) btw, but @MarkF called them that.
I could be wrong. :blush: :unsure: :whistle:

I can also programme my sky box to record a programme onto the Dvd recorder, explain the off-side rule and know how to use opposite lock when reversing. ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom