I just hit my hand with a hammer....

Indicate Sympathy level below

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raised by puffins

If by hammer you mean the State and by hand you mean Society but by State you actually mean the Tories and by Society you really mean the vulnerable then you need to be a bit clearer about want you really want to tell us.

If by hammer you mean the State and by hand you mean Society but by State you actually mean the Tories and by Society you really mean the vulnerable then you need to be a bit clearer about want you really want to tell us.
Nail your colours to the mast perhaps?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2701779, member: 9609"]If you have well and truly wacked it and it looks like it might turn black, go down to the surgery and get a doctor or nurse to drill a hole throgh the base of the nail, this relieves the pressure and saves the nail, well worth it, cause if the nail comes off its months of nuisance. And pack it in ice till you get there.[/quote]

For blood-blister under nail, diy is quicker & you don't really want to queue up for nursie. Heat an unfolded paperclip red hot and (carefully) burn through. Pain stops instantly once pressure is released. Was tought this on proper first aid course - and self administered a couple of times. paperclip being blunt means you're less prone to sticking it into the flesh underneath if using a needle - which does hurt. Twiddling a small drill bit between fingers (not in the Black & Decker) also works

Reactions: gbb

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not as painful as getting a swollen part of your mouth that you keep biting with full force. Even when you are eating and it isnt on your mind. I hate it when it makes that loud chomp noise and sounds like you have just teared a hole in your cheek.

Arrgh, I hate it when I do that.
Once you have made the mistake of biting the inside of your cheek, you just keep doing it again because it's swollen, and it bloody hurts.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 2701779, member: 9609"]If you have well and truly wacked it and it looks like it might turn black, go down to the surgery and get a doctor or nurse to MTFU and use a hot needle to drill a hole throgh the base of the nail, this relieves the pressure and saves the nail, well worth it, cause if the nail comes off its months of nuisance. And pack it in ice till you get there.[/quote]

FTFY - what happens at home regularly. although nowhere near as stupid as holding a 14lb sledgehammer in your hand with hand at end of shaft for maximum mechanical advantage ! and bringing it as close to face as possible without touching nose and failing spectacularly . didn't break it but boy did it make it bleed .

That must have been a ball pein, Rich.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

To get matters straight before I cast my vote, do you mean you hit your whole hand (to££er) or just your thumb nail (I've done that) or all four fingers and thumb of one hand with four attempts (aah poor blind lamb)?
Cor picky or what. One finger, edge of, luckily. I didn't shock the pedal but I certainly shocked myself.

Top Bottom