I just hit my hand with a hammer....

Indicate Sympathy level below

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
You have my sympathy, one of these can really hurt

20120704_180620.jpg

Isn't the one on the right Hoverflys old avatar ?

gbb

Legendary Member
For blood-blister under nail, diy is quicker & you don't really want to queue up for nursie. Heat an unfolded paperclip red hot and (carefully) burn through. Pain stops instantly once pressure is released. Was tought this on proper first aid course - and self administered a couple of times. paperclip being blunt means you're less prone to sticking it into the flesh underneath if using a needle - which does hurt. Twiddling a small drill bit between fingers (not in the Black & Decker) also works
Having smacked my finger at work, It soon became obvious it was going to go black, blood was already visible under the nail...at it hurt like hell. Peter, one of the engineering team proffered this..'in the army we used to drill it, it'll feel better afterwards...honest.'
So, I was cajoled into it by 5 or so fellow engineers. 'Use the pillar drill, there's less chance of drilling too deep'..was also suggested. This was in danger of getting out of control.
So i gingerly laid my finger on the pedestal (I refused the offer of the vice), while Pete SLOWLY pull on the arm and the 3mm bit got cloaer and closer as 5 engineers watch closely and with great excitement. The drill did it's stuff and blood slowly oozed out and the pain did subside.
'That feel better ?' Pete asked...and then said 'that was good, ive never done that before'
:huh: 'You just told me thats what they did in the army !'
'Yeah i know...i lied ':laugh:

Before I click To$$er in the vote, I need to know; is it your wan***g hand?
...needs both (I expect a 'like' for that Cracks - you to$$er!) :smile:

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 2702561, member: 9609"]Curious as to why you crossed the 'pack in ice till you get there' out ? Reducing the blood flow until the nail is punctured will reduce the pressure behind the nail and reduce the likely hood of damage that will eventually cause the nail to detach.

On the subject of sledgehammers - once stood on some milk crates to knock an 8' post in. lost a little balance, tried to abort the first swing, failed to stop momentum of sledgehammer that then crashed into milk crates and sent me flying - it must have looked hilarious.[/quote]

because as soon as there is the slighhtest blacksplodge behind the hot nail or pin drill comes out . so no need for Ice.

howver children , if you are not as brave/stupid/well'ard as me then Ice is a great idea , but not directly onto the bodies tissue. use a cloth to wrap it in.

Top Bottom