I just signed up for my first sportive...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IBarrett

Über Member
Just 2 weeks to my first Sportiv of 60 miles.
I'm much much fitter than I was when I signed up in January, so I'm looking forward to getting on with it.
I was out with a new club yesterday and 40 miles with the intermediate group keeping the speed to 16mph and a stop for coffee and cake felt like I could have cycled all day.
In fact I got home feeling decidedly un-tired and wanting more.

I did my first 100km in Andalucia a week ago with 2000mtrs+ of climbing. Though we did stop for lunch. That hurt on the day but I recovered quickly and was on the bike again 2 days later.
My eating for that day incuded granola + yoghurt for breakfast. Snickers just before the ride. And for along the way I took 2 bananas, jelly babies, and an oaty bar.

I think I'm ready, but the only thing I can think of is I haven't done any great distance in bad weather - other than 11miles each way commuting.
Am I missing anything?

Oh, and just to stir things up a little, I still don't wear or like riding in a helmet. Which I've been warned will be an issue with the potential new club.

13 rider

Guru
Sounds like your ready enjoy your day just don't get carried away at the start and ride at your pace
Helmet is your choice but but you need to check rules quite a few sportive helmets are compulsory !

IBarrett

Über Member
Good point on the rules of the Sportive there 13 rider. I'll check that out and might have to relent and look the complete pillock for a day!

Top Bottom