I knew I'd do it one day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I came out of the station car park tonight on my commute and headed straight ahead for the cycle path...

... and then remembered I was in the car!

Had to make a short tour of the village before I could turn around and get on the road out.

Has anyone else tried to drive down a cycle-only route because they are so used to cycling everywhere?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
aye. I drove in a bus lane once.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I came out of the station car park tonight on my commute and headed straight ahead for the cycle path...

Had to make a short tour of the village before I could turn around and get on the road out.

Has anyone else tried to drive down a cycle-only route because they are so used to cycling everywhere?
Yes and got the fines. It was one of those permeable only for bikes and buses things. Cycling around you get to know all the back routes but I also get to forget that they're not for through traffic. I've twice wandered into the Congestion Charging Zone too.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
No, but before I started commuting, I started doing night cycles for an hour and a half or so. I was living between addresses at the time as our place was having a refurb, due to ****** ******* ****** *******, so I had to drive to the other address, as I was storing the bike at our actual place. On the first night, after a long ride out, I got back into the car and my feet wouldn't stop moving up and down on the car pedals, so I had a few stop / start moments, kinda like the flinstones but without the movement. :blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun

I find I'm happier walking on the road than on the footpath on roads that I frequently cycle along, other footpaths I'm fine on.

And sometimes I find it difficult to give directions to other people as I can't think what the route is without using some kind of cycle facility such as a cycle contra flow or no through route apart from cycles.

flyingfish

I still throw a lifesaver when I chang paths....when walking!

It's just natural to check behind me before moving over.

Only really a problem if you indicate
Pete

Top Bottom